Does Aquatic Propagation Count? If Not... There's Begonias...

mlec2016

Reaction score
So my big indoor plant project right now... Is my tissue culture lab working on establishing and producing allllll the plants. Every one hah. Right now I'm only at about a hundred species in stock. Dealing with contamination in stock I bought in culture that did *not* come sterile, from crappy overseas suppliers that all the stores and sites here use. Cleaning them up and then hopefully I'll catch up to where I wanted to be at already. Aiming for sales volume in November.

Begonias are my other love, plant wise. Dunno why. Had em since I was a kid. They're kinda sad RN. I had low quality lighting on them this winter. So no pictures of them for now. Once they recover I'll share.
1527382977293.jpg
1527382995310.jpg
1527383013837.jpg
1527383041929.jpg
1527383066307.jpg
1527383095685.jpg
1527383113335.jpg

nikkimay456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
oh how cool! I'm glad you shared this! my grandpa used to cross lillies and start them in test tubes. have you ever had an angel wing begonia? the ones with larger spots on the leaves are my favorite!

mlec2016

Reaction score
nikkimay456 said:
oh how cool! I'm glad you shared this! my grandpa used to cross lillies and start them in test tubes. have you ever had an angel wing begonia? the ones with larger spots on the leaves are my favorite!
I'm gonna necro my own thread. Muahaha. And no, I have not. I would like to amass the most complete private collection of begonias some day though.

Status update with the aquatics. One year later. Annnnd they're doing better than ever. I lost most I started with. I had hiccups. If you've been over on Barr report or TPT forums you've seen that journey. Or Facebook in a few groups (I'm a mod in one and have kinda been posting updates as I went along)

I currently have 34 species. Over 800 containers full of plants. Which is over 10k plants. By the end of this week that'll hopefully be over 15k plants (aiming to transfer and multiply a few more by the week's end). Waiting on my retail containers to arrive. Going to be shipping wholesale to resellers hopefully within a month. Very exciting times right now. It's been a year in the making. Hard to believe it's been a year. But it's so very close to being real.

And if I get to 2k cups sold, wholesale, per month, I'll be quitting my job and being a work from home dad with my new baby girl who arrives this fall. So here's hoping!
20190518_235420.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom