Does Anything In This House Behave?

bolivianbaby

So I thought I had more time before I had to get a taller, stronger, HEAVIER dog pen to use for the rabbit cage. NOPE!

I spend an hour last night re-creating her cage to make a happy bunny habitat using a "puppy-strength" dog pen. We've been using the smaller pen for a week, but I found some info on a rabbit site on how to create a really good environment AND protect my carpet from drippage/excretions.

In less than 12 hours, she figured out how to move the sides over the rug (berber type-just for her) so the sides would open and she could escape. I found her happily bunny bouncing around the room this morning. Thank goodness she didn't get into any trouble, but we are heading to Petsmart this morning to get the 48" high, very stable and HEAVY dog pen. She is in a small cage with latches on the doors until we get back. She has food and water, but not a lot of room. I'm glad Petsmart opens in a few minutes.

I'm thinking about finding a way to use the smaller pen to add more room for the guinea pigs once I figure out how to make a ramp.

Akari_32

oh my lol sounds like one of my rabbits, Princess (her name says it all.... -sigh-). she's figured out that when she puts her little paws on the cage door when its not locked, she can push it open and jump out (well, the first time she actually fell out...). Betty on the other hand, it too lazy and fat to try that lol

redlessi

Thanks for the morning chuckle BB, it sounds like its always an adventure at your house.

bolivianbaby

oh my lol sounds like one of my rabbits, Princess (her name says it all.... -sigh-). she's figured out that when she puts her little paws on the cage door when its not locked, she can push it open and jump out (well, the first time she actually fell out...). Betty on the other hand, it too lazy and fat to try that lol

You have rabbits, too? That's awesome!

What type of carpet do you use? I think part of the problem is the carpet I put in there is berber type so she couldn't chew on it, but I don't think the pile is thick enough to keep the pen in place.

Thanks for the morning chuckle BB, it sounds like its always an adventure at your house.

Anytime;D! It's always nuts around here. If my daughter or the dogs aren't mis-behaving, either the fish, birds, cavys, or bunny will

CHoffman

LOL. Too funny. Smart little Wabbit.

DRock914

That's funny. At least it's never boring in your house lol.

lorabell

lol...NEVER a dull moment!!!!!!!! hey have u thought about possibley keeping the pigs and bunny together???? I do know they r compatable...and it would cut down on 1 cage and possible give them all more room......

bolivianbaby

It really does get crazy around here sometimes! We love it though. Nothing like animal chaos to brighten our days;D

lol...NEVER a dull moment!!!!!!!! hey have u thought about possibley keeping the pigs and bunny together???? I do know they r compatable...and it would cut down on 1 cage and possible give them all more room......

I have to research the specifics, but I've heard something about cross contamination between guinea pigs and rabbits. Something each possesses can infect the other, but I'm not sure if the information is correct or what is actually infected.

Goliath will get way to big for the guinea pigs. They'll probably max out at 3 pounds and she'll get up to 22 pounds. There's too much possibility of her "smushing" them. Plus she has some powerful legs that could inflict a lot of damage. Right now I'd say she's at least 2 pounds, if not more.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Lucy

That's way too cute! If he can move the enclosure now, just wait until he's full size.
:shock:

bolivianbaby

That's way too cute! If he can move the enclosure now, just wait until he's full size.
:shock:

I know! I'm praying this new bigger one is heavy enough so she can't. Otherwise, I may have to learn carpentry to set up a frame so she won't be able to move it. Me, nails, and hammers are a VERY bad combination>

Chris123

Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids

Sorry I couldnt resist lol

bolivianbaby

Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids

Sorry I couldnt resist lol

That's EXACTLY what I said to her when I caught her. That's too funny.

Akari_32

You have rabbits, too? That's awesome!

What type of carpet do you use? I think part of the problem is the carpet I put in there is berber type so she couldn't chew on it, but I don't think the pile is thick enough to keep the pen in place.

they have a stilt cage out side, and right now all they have is some cardboard. we can't find any freeking nesting boxes big enough for them because the petstores here don't sell minI lops. and we still haven't had time to build their new cage, much less boxes that are big enough for them.... we have familiy here from out of state, and it throws everything off... -sigh-

bolivianbaby

I haven't set up Goliath's den, either. I'm trying to find a big enough box.

I made her a new X-pen. The pictures are in this thread:

It's quick, cost under $200, and it's 4' x 4'. If you're interested, I'll see if I can find the link that shows the directions on how to make it.

btate617

Man o' man you are a better person than I am....... and a lot more patient.

I think your next house guest should be a fainting goat.

Brian

bolivianbaby

Man o' man you are a better person than I am....... and a lot more patient.

I think your next house guest should be a fainting goat.

Brian

Thanks, Brian. You're good people and a parent, so we all know you have patience. AND you've always been patient with me asking a million questions too

A fainting goat, huh? Hmmm Of course with the chaos that ensues around here, he'd probably always be in the "faint" position.

Akari_32

I haven't set up Goliath's den, either. I'm trying to find a big enough box.

I made her a new X-pen. The pictures are in this thread:

It's quick, cost under $200, and it's 4' x 4'. If you're interested, I'll see if I can find the link that shows the directions on how to make it.

that's so cool! too bad I can have the bunnies in the house (stupid parents.... the olny time was when poor Princess got stung on the nose by a wasp and we had to watch her make sure she didnt need to go to the vet).

the cage they have right now is super old and the back wall is coming off after years of being peed on (poor thing lol), but luckly, its pushed up against the house so the rabbits aren't going anywhere >.< its about 4 1/2 feet long, 3 feet wide and 2 feet tall, and all wire bottom =( still finctional, but looks (and smells...) horrible. the new cage will be 8 feet long and about 5 feet wide, and however tall it needs to be for me to get in, so maybe... 5 1/2 feet?? each side will have a ramp going up to a platform along the back wall and a very securely screwed down nexting box (Princess likes to rearange. alot.) under the platform. the floor will be wire, for easy cleaning, but the rest will be wood/aluminum. I can't wait to get them out of that stupid old cage! they do get out for a hour or so every day tho, and they munch on grass and get the dogs in trouble lol

p.s. not to be a tread stealer, but how do I stop face humping?? (I sware I made a new post about this, but it didnt go up for some reason!) Princess usually starts it (of course...-_- what a brat lol) but Betty knows how to make her go away (Princess got a nice little hole in her leg a reminder -sigh-). I would like to remove the divider in the cage so they have more room but the way they interact with each other is keeping me from doing it. they are both unspayed, and I have a feeling that has a lot to do with it...

bolivianbaby

That's a pretty good-sized cage for two rabbits. They'll be very happy having all that room.

I believe humping is a dominance behavior that is common in unaltered bunnies. You can do a google search and come up with some awesome information on bunnies and how they interact with each other. That might help you as well.

Akari_32

That's a pretty good-sized cage for two rabbits. They'll be very happy having all that room.

I believe humping is a dominance behavior that is common in unaltered bunnies. You can do a google search and come up with some awesome information on bunnies and how they interact with each other. That might help you as well.

thank uuuu <33333

how much do u think a cage like that would cost? (the one I want to build). and how big will ur little girl get? she's so cute lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• bolivianbaby
  • Rabbit
Replies
Views
snuggs86
  • Princethepurplebetta
  • Rabbit
Replies
Views
flyinGourami
  • bolivianbaby