Does anyone use time-out and does it work?

SpecialPatrolGroup

I have seven angelfish, one of whom I am going to try to rehome. He's not overly aggressive as still a juvenile, but he is becoming that way. Things had escalated until he had a proper fight and locked lips with my biggest angelfish the other day - that made me decide to isolate him.

One of my other angels (a little runt who was never doing well) died shortly afterwards, so I introduced another pair of angelfish to the tank - I'd been keeping an eye on them at my LFS and they seemed to be a pair who stuck together and needed a large tank in a new home (they'd been there three weeks).

I brought them home and popped them in and now, everybody is getting along just fine.

I'm loathe to put the aggressive angel back in with the six of them since they're all fine now - but I'm wondering if I should try again? This short period of time-out may have helped.

Anyone had any success with this?

SparkyJones

I have success with "time out" with fish that are being bullied, not the bullies. The bullies are just dominant angels and are going to be bullies.

I think though it could work if all fish are the same sizes but from my experience the dominant ones are always going to grow faster and get more food and stay ahead of the curve and be dominant and more aggressive.

I haven't tried it, my big male, I wouldn't trust him (or her) from my pair to rejoin the group and keep them separate from the others. They are both far more aggressive than the rest of the angels I have.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
  • Question
Replies
Views
bizaliz3
Replies
Views
SpecialPatrolGroup
Replies