Does Anyone Talk To Their Fish?

CaptainAquatics

Hi! Does anyone commonly talk to their fish. Every morning when I wake up I go around and turn in each light on each aquarium and as I do this I say hI to all of them and even will some times have little “conversations” with them. My friends and brothers think it weird so I am posting this to prove to them I am not the only fish keeper who does this. Thanks. Let me know if you talk to your fish

goldface

No, I don’t. Make sure they read this. Don’t skip over me when you show them

Nikki2577

I talk to my Flowerhorn like he is a dog! lol

Quiche

*waves*
I don't hold conversations, but I do drop a 'looking good, love those fins!' every now and then.

Lexi_forver100

Nope, It doesn't sound too weird to me though. People talk to their plants, why not fish?

Ty K

Yea, I love my cichlids tanks and shrimp. Always talking about how their babys are and how their day is

KimberlyG

I swear at them. Does that count?

Repolie

Of course I do! My little fin babies are too adorable not to talk to and play with. It may be weird, but I unconsciously do it.

Punkin

Yes I talk to them. Tell them good morning and hello when I get home. Goodnight also. And when I clean their tank I talk to them too.

midna

yes, I talk to them more than I should lol. I also give them smooches. one of my bettas loves it, the other hates it haha

AngelsAbove

I don't make a point to do it, but when ever I turn on the lights in the morning and frequently when I pass by I'll stoop and tell them how precious they are and that I love them. Better then what the cats get in the morning when they are begging for food; swearing.

Call me sappy, I don't care.

goldface

Yea, I love my cichlids tanks and shrimp. Always talking about how their babys are and how their day is
So how was their day today?same ol’ same ol’?

Ty K

So how was their day today?same ol’ same ol’?
Just about, today was rough cuz of the worms are getting everywhere but my nerites are happy to wat the algae but the shrimp are happy cuz I got them a new shrimp king tank

Thunder_o_b

Yes, everyday. Spirit speaks to spirit. The spoken word is only a carrier for the message of the spirit.

KimberlyG

Why do u swear at them?
Well with 16 tanks, I have a few jerks. "Stop ripping out those plants you "little Darling"."
"You keep harassing her you "snookems" and you're in a time out. You want me to bring out the breeders nets you "precious little thing"?" Just things like that.
Disclosure: Words in parenthesis may not be exact word uttered by the poster.

Terabyte

I speak to my bichir like it's a mixture of a teenager and a toddler but honestly I talk to my drums more often which I feel like is a sign of something but it's fine I think

wodesorel

I baby talk at the schooling fish like I do with kittens. Also a cusser when it comes to the bettas, they're always jerks!

smee82

I don't but but my baby yells "fishy come" as loud as she can when she feeds them or when she wants too watch them

wrs2

I talk to all of my pets like they could understand me haha. But of the fish, only the bettas, as they all have names.

CaptainAquatics

Thanks to all. I also ask how they are and sometimes I will say my oscars name (Clyde) like I’m talking to a bad kid if he chases around my other fish. I tend to say” cyllldeeeee” “cylllldeee stop ohh clydeeeeee”

Demeter

“Come here, over here you dumby” trying to show a betta where I put the food.

“Stop jumping” to the betta sorority whenever I open the lid.

“Nononono don’t eat it!” to the African cichlids when I add a new cichlid to the tank.

“I hate you” to the cichlid as I gently remove the dead little cichlid from its mouth. (Only happened twice)

“Would you just stop” to all the fish that try going for the grains of sand and snail shells that are floating around in the gravel vac.

mattgirl

Yep, I do talk to all of mine 'specially the molly fry as they are nibbling on the tip of my finger. I am sure if they could talk back they would just tell me to shut up and bring on the food

VeiltailKing

I say hI to them every morning. I also occasionally drop a few swear words when I can’t find my pleco lol

goldface

Aww, man. I’m alone here. Too bad chromedome52 is no longer active.

FishFor2018

I do all the time lol. its actually good because bettas, when you talk to them they start to recognize your voice and know that your their owner. my bettas will come to the front of the tank when I talk in a deeper voice

LateRain

My question would be, who
DOESN’T talk to their fish? But I’m almost 50 years old and single, so I might not be the person to ask

Platyarelife

Yeah, I talk to my fish all the time. They can understand me I swear!

Carolyn Underwood

Hi! Does anyone commonly talk to their fish. Every morning when I wake up I go around and turn in each light on each aquarium and as I do this I say hI to all of them and even will some times have little “conversations” with them. My friends and brothers think it weird so I am posting this to prove to them I am not the only fish keeper who does this. Thanks. Let me know if you talk to your fish
Yes, I do talk to my fish a good bit. Nobody else will talk to me. I fuss a little at my Black Moors and my Calico Fancy...about eating my plants and knocking the snails around. Sometimes I tell the Moors that they look like they are pouting about something and they have nothing to pout about. Actually, they come to the glass and stare at me with their big gold eyes like they want me to talk to them...so I talk. The Bettas, I usually tell them how beautiful they are and since their habits/behaviors seem a little strange to me (like sleeping in the top of their crested java ferns or sniffing the baby snails every time they swim past them) I tend to ask them if they are feeling okay. I always tell them good morning and good night and that I love them. I hope others do the same with their little fishies.

BigManAquatics

I talk to all my critters.

swtmudpie

I always say hey to mine and find myself often asking my betta "America" what's up. I also tell my blue dwarf guaromi.." hey, dummy stop jumping and splashing before you wind up out of the tank. They do recognize; or at least I think they do, me ?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zoomo
  • Question
Replies
Views
LinasPlantLife
  • Poll
2 3 4
Replies
Views