Does Anyone NOT Eat Fish Because Of Your Hobby?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cm11599ps, Mar 17, 2010.

1. cm11599ps

cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

Sorry, it just popped in my head because I just tossed some frozen fish sticks in the oven.:;smack

2. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

lol. Nothing taste better during lent than some fried fish. Also some deep greased popcorn corydoras is pretty good. :p

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I love all seafood...whether it be in my tanks that I take care of daily, or in my belly after ive cooked it :) (no I dont eat my pet fish LOL)

4. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

I eat fish, but I'm not a fan of really "fishy" tasting fish. I like salmon, sole, whitefish, etc. I also like shrimp and scallops, and various bivalves. I -do- love sushi, though I'm a bit squicked out by really huge pieces of raw fish.

Now I'd never eat a betta (not that there's enough in one to eat) or goldfish or anything, but everything else is fair game.

5. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

:;laughing

I think I am the most evil here, as I eat sushi almost every day for lunch! I especially love salmon & tuna sashimi... Tasty little suckers! >:D

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

The only thing we've eaten since our obsession/hobby started is shrimp. i don't have shrimp in any of my tanks (yet). I always shudder when I see "tilapia" listed on a restaurant menu because of my research on Malawi species.

7. Amanda

Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

nope, I eat no fish at all. :)

8. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;rl ive had many friends, and my boyfriend included, remind me about mine! and how tasty they would be...I sit there with a :nono: (just try it buddies) kinda look and they know better

9. OP
    OP
    cm11599ps

I love seafood, my wife even more. It's only recently I began to eat sushi though, mostly because I was forced into it. lol

We got married in August of 08 and live in Long Island. A lot of my wife's family lives in Florida, namely Weston, Ft. Lauderdale & Boca Raton. While we were there her older cousin invited us over for dinner. We went to see her house and she drive us past all the $25 million dollar homes in the area. lol Must be nice and I'm sure plenty of them had nice tanks too! lol

Anyway, we get back to her house and she has sushi delivered. That's it, sushi for dinner. At that point I HAD to have it. lol I enjoyed it though and am glad I was forcd into it. If not then I may never have tried it. Since then we've had it about once a month. I'm not a big fan of sashimi though, although I will eat it.

A few weeks back my wife and a really tough week at work so on Friday I went out and bought some king crab legs, crab stuffed mushrooms, baked clams and made shrimp scampi. Good stuff.

The only thing I refuse to do is purchase live lobsters and cook them at home. I'll eat them when I'm out but I'm not about to toss them in the pot myself at home.

10. OP
    OP
    cm11599ps

Interesting. What kinds of fish might that include?

11. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

For Malawi cichlids, it's the Cynotilapia family. I know, it doesn't make sense since Tilapia isn't the same, but it freaks me out:;dk

12. Danionins.com

Danionins.com Valued Member Member

I'm gonna aquaculture some tilapia just for eating... :;bbq

I need some Nile males and Mozambique females.

Dennis

13. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Not only do i eat fish, but i work on a fishing boat. thousands of fish have died by my hands.

14. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I go fishing and eat fresh fish from April to December....If I lived in Brasil, I would be eating some of the beautiful catfish....which we import as babies and try to keep in goldfish bowls.mmmm and pizza with neon tetras instead of anchovies!!!...lol Then MATT would cook up some fresh wild discus for us....perfect size for a hamburger bun!!!

And people in Basil would be wondering why we eat those beautiful sunfish and bluegills.

15. pepetj

pepetj Well Known Member Member

Freshwater, Brackish, Saltwater fishies? I take care of them I DON'T eat them.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

16. f

fishlover1234 New Member Member

im a fishermen lol. nothing better than fresh fish!:;toast

17. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Amen to that!! Trophy Rockfish (Striped Bass) season is only about 3 weeks away!!!

18. kcarmartinez

kcarmartinez Valued Member Member

Ok, I'm an oddball. I don't eat fish. But not because I keep them as pets... I became a vegetarian long before I became a fishkeeper.

19. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Being half Japanese, fish has been a big part of my diet for my entire life... ain't likely to change now. I love sushi and sashimi, we have it regularly. Don't do the octopus thing though. <shudder>

20. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

I have the opportunity to go Salmon & Halibut fishing when I am not busy but during the summer of course when the Salmon are running...lol....nothing like fresh seafood, especially when you catch it yourself. It's so much fun! I also eat Rockfish (Red Snapper and Rockcod), Shrimp and Dungeness Crab all freshly caught. also love scallops.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice