Does Anyone Know Which Cory’s These Are?

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can’t take a pic right now but wondering if anyone knew which Cory was sold at Walmart, PetSmart, Petco, the little guys with the black spots and silverish? I keep wanting to call them peppered but not confident that is them. I’ll post a pic when I get home

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I dont know what walmart carries, but my petco carries peppered, bronze (&albino), julii/false julii, and pygmy. My petsmart is slightly larger in my area, and cerries everything petco has as well as panda and sterbai. Occasionally they have different types in their adoption tanks.
If you can get a pic, that would be super helpful for ID ;D

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Peppered corys are very common, I see them in petstores regularly - they could be it, take a look here:
A pic would definitely help.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My PetSmart carries Sterbai, Panda, Albino, and the ones that used to be called Leopard.

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m thinking they are peppered now, I may have looked at the wrong picture when first searching. On the search I looked up it said peppered Cory’s like cooler water. Is 78-80 too hot for them? Thanks everyone for the replies, I’ll get a pic when I get home

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
Five 97 said:
Peppered corys are very common, I see them in petstores regularly - they could be it, take a look here:
A pic would definitely help.

Yeah they’re peppered and this answered my temp question I guess, I have them in a qt tank right now that is at room temp, guess I’ll knock my ac down from 77 to 75 idk, can’t afford a heater now

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Billy T said:
Yeah they’re peppered and this answered my temp question I guess, I have them in a qt tank right now that is at room temp, guess I’ll knock my ac down from 77 to 75 idk, can’t afford a heater now
They can stay at 77F temporarily, but I wouldn't keep them above 75F permanently - a heater won't be needed.

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
The funny looking one is a green I believe, he has lightened up some since I’ve put him in here, hope it’s not a health issue, I’ve seen they may lighten up a bit though if stuff in the tank is light colored.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom