Does Anyone Know What Type Of Fish This Is?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Kass611, May 29, 2018.

1. Kass611Valued MemberMember

The pet store said he is a green serverum but he looks more like a type of jack Dempsey.. does anyone know what type of fish he is? ( one pic is when he was in the bag from the pet store so his colours is off p.s he’s a juvenile) thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. NavyChief20

NavyChief20Well Known MemberMember

That is not a Jack Dempsey. Not even close. Looks more red texas hybrid.

3. NavyChief20

Though the top pic has alot of green severum look.

4. OP
    OP
    K

Kass611Valued MemberMember

Awesome, thanks for your help. I guess I’ll have to wait and see when he’s a bit older.. might get a better idea.

5. RonJ

RonJWell Known MemberMember

First picture to me looks like a short body convict. Second on the left is a Parachromis Loisellei. And the one on the right I can’t confirm it’s a Severum as it’s partially blocked.

6. NavyChief20

Yeah that could be a Parachromis Loisellei.

7. OP
    OP
    K

It’s the same fish in both picture. The second picture with two fish has a gold serverum for sure but it’s the green(darker fish) guy I wondering about. Thanks for your input

8. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

It's a Rainbow Cichlid, Herotilapia multispinosa.

9. OP
    OP
    K

I just google rainbow cichlids and they look just like him! Thanks a lot for your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice