Does anyone know what this Top Fin® Aquarium Background looks like?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello,

Does anyone have this background ''Top Fin® Underwater Cave Aquarium Background'' or know what it looks like for a 55 gallon? Can't really tell much from the photo of the package.

alink

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry, I dont know what this one looks like. But when I was looking at backgrounds last year, they let me open it and look at it before I purchased it. So if you are going into the store, ask someone and they should let you see it.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, there wasn't much locally so I was looking to shop online. Thanks though!

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use black poster board for backgrounds on mine. Sorry I couldn't help figuring it out

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I love how black looks on some tanks!! Iv used black, dark blue, med/ocean blue, plant scene and underwater scene. My family likes the brighter blue or a murky underwater scene though. I just can't find anything I like at the right size, they are all one solid color or too busy.

alink

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Have you considered a 3-D background? You can buy them premade or make them yourself. There are loads of vids on Youtube for How-to's. I dont like the background papers like that because, IMO, it looks too fake/gaudy/tacky. I prefer a solid color background, 3-D background, or no background.

daunicorn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Why not paint your own? Take a huge posterboard or canvas and paint it whatever color you like, and then do about three more coats on top of that so it looks even, and attach it to the back of the aquarium. Or find an underwater picture you really like and have it printed really large at a special shop? Or best of all, make a massive Java moss wall on the back panel and let it grow out? Lots of options.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks.

Iv done the moss wall before.. turned out kind of messy for me. I don't really want to paint or make a 3-d background..... none of the ones Iv come across would fit the look I want. I don't like going without a background....I don't like my walls. ha ha I'm not picky.

I'm just going to get another background I found, it's just blues/ocean/under water look. My plants always end up blocking most of the background anyway and I like when the background gives the illusion of a deeper tank. I'll have to trim it but Iv seen it on several different tanks shared online and I like it. Just have to decide how I want to attach it this time.

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use tape... They also sell this stuff you put all over the back of the tank. I'm not sure I would trust it though.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Iv used tape and the seaview gel. I liked how the seaview gel looked originally but it did develop a few air bubbles/lifted areas and my background has been on that tank so long it's almost cracked looking in spots. Never did fall off though. ha ha Iv heard some people use Vaseline but I'm not sure if I want to try it.

AquariaP

Valued Member
Reaction score
daunicorn said:
Why not paint your own? Take a huge posterboard or canvas and paint it whatever color you like, and then do about three more coats on top of that so it looks even, and attach it to the back of the aquarium. Or find an underwater picture you really like and have it printed really large at a special shop? Or best of all, make a massive Java moss wall on the back panel and let it grow out? Lots of options.
This java moss wall idea really intrigues me. Is there a photo or how-to somewhere that this has been discussed?

EDIT: nevermind, I found one!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom