Does anyone know how to stick plants like hornwort to the back of the tank?

FishOverseer909
I have hornwort and I was wondering if there were any DIY methods to sticking the hornwort to the back of the tank as this is some thing that I want to do as a sort of natural back ground for my tank.

kansas
Tie it to a rock or a piece of driftwood?

FishOverseer909
Thats a good idea but I meant that I wanted to quite literally attach it to the back of the tank kinda like a trillis

kansas
You could make a trellis out of aquarium safe wood.

JLAquatics
You could also use suction cups and tie some hornwort loosely on there and suction it to the back wall or you could use plant weights and line the back wall of your tank that way. I have noticed it is not good to bury Hornwort as the buried sections will melt and rot away.

mattgirl
To accomplish this the hornwort will have to be attached to some kind of base. Maybe some kind of netting that will blend in. The netting will then have to be attached to the back of the tank. If I were doing something like this I would have hubby make me some kind of hooks that the netting could be hung from and the hooks would hook over the top of the rim of the tank.

SouthAmericanCichlids
I f you will have the whole back completely covered by hornwort, you could use egg crate.

JLAquatics
mattgirl said:
To accomplish this the hornwort will have to be attached to some kind of base. Maybe some kind of netting that will blend in. The netting will then have to be attached to the back of the tank. If I were doing something like this I would have hubby make me some kind of hooks that the netting could be hung from and the hooks would hook over the top of the rim of the tank.
I wonder if you could make this netting strip that could lay towards the lower back of the tank attached to the lower back of the tank wall with suction cups. It would be obscured by all the decorations in front, and the Hornwort could easily be looped within the netting to achieve the effect your looking for without seeing the ugly netting.

Coradee
You could try craft mesh & tie the plants on with fishing line The mesh is likely firm enough to be weighted down into the substrate I’ve used it as a divider in the past

mattgirl
Coradee said:
You could try craft mesh & tie the plants on with fishing line The mesh is likely firm enough to be weighted down into the substrate I’ve used it as a divider in the past
This was my second thought. I have tied moss to some to make a wall. I mentioned netting first since it can be more easily hidden. If the back of the tank isn't going to be seen from the outside plastic canvas/craft mesh should work really well.

Using suction cups instead of hooks to hold the netting is a great idea. It has been my experience to have suction cups fail though and is the reason I would want to use hooks.

FishOverseer909
Ok thank you everyone I will try the fishing line/ netting idea as it seems to be the cheapest method

Kvandenplas
Might be late to that party but i’m actually planning on a moss wall. My strategy is black plastic mesh netting and suction cups. Cheap on amazon

FishOverseer909
Oh I like that idea a little more than the others
Could you perhaps broadcast the links to those supplies

Kvandenplas
FishOverseer909 said:
Oh I like that idea a little more than the others
Could you perhaps broadcast the links to those supplies
Pllieay 5 Pieces 7 Count Plastic Mesh Canvas Sheets for Embroidery, Acrylic Yarn Crafting, Knit and Crochet Projects (10.2 x 13.2 inch, Come with 4 Pi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TC89FT1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_y1A85nv3hhAiP

FieldTulip 10 Pieces 20mm Mini Suction Cups Clear Without Hooks Professional PVC Plastic Sucker Pads for Decoration Wall Home Bathroom Kitchen Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LZRS8NC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_NbGtw2xxmyMQh

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom