Does anyone in here have a red tail shark?

gloe

Reaction score
I have a red tail shark who shares a tank with a dalmation mollie, a black mollie, and a small chinesse algie eater. Do u guys think that they will get along fine? I also heard that mollie's have babies like crazy

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to FIshlore

He shouldn't bother the mollies as they should stay at the top and he at the bottom though he and the algae eater will fight. The shark gets 6" so you need a large tank

river

Reaction score
I have a red tail shark in my 125 gallon tank.  My guy likes to hide sometimes under a log.  He also will swim upside down and it looks like he is nibbling the moss on the log.  Do they eat that? He shares the tank with four blood parrots, fin tail cat fish, and two pictus cats.  They all get along.  I think that I should get some more fish for this tank but what.  Most fish start out small when you buy them.  The problem that I have is the blood parrots eat the smaller guys.   

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
gloe said:
I have a red tail shark who shares a tank with a dalmation mollie, a black mollie, and a small chinesse algie eater. Do u guys think that they will get along fine? I also heard that mollie's have babies like crazy
Hi Gloe yes I have 3 redtail sharks In with them are 2 Danios 1 albino redtail 1 albino cichlid a tiger cichlid a cat fish 1 male betta 1 female betta and 2 algae eaters my tank can get rather territorial although I have found by lighting 2 candles at either end of my tank in the front they calm and actually all swim very docile and swim as a school very pretty to behold redtails are by far my favourite

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
Clint said:
gloe said:
  Hi Gloe yes I have 3 redtail sharks In with them are 2 Danios 1 albino redtail 1 albino cichlid a tiger cichlid a cat fish 1 male betta 1 female betta and 2 algae eaters my tank can get rather territorial although I have found by lighting 2 candles at either end of my tank in the front they calm and actually all swim very docile and swim as a school very pretty to behold redtails are by far my favourite
sorry Gloe...Mollies breed rapidly....thx 4 ur time

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom