Does anyone here keep jumping spiders?

betta06

Member
I started keeping them last summer and think they are so cute and smart I first kept one when I couldn't have a tarantula (my family doesn't really love spiders)
I do have a question though... I know they hide in tree bark during the winter but they live in my house so it never gets that cold is that okay for them?
I would love to see pictures of yours

here is my spider from last summer his name is aragog I released him last autumn but he was such a cutie while I had him!

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg
 

Kribensis27

Member
I keep them! I breed them as well. A different species than the one in your pic, but about the same size and general appearance. They're great little pets! The temperatures are fine. They always seem to live a bit longer indoors for me. Aragog is a great name!
 
  • Thread Starter

betta06

Member
Kribensis27 said:
I keep them! I breed them as well. A different species than the one in your pic, but about the same size and general appearance. They're great little pets! The temperatures are fine. They always seem to live a bit longer indoors for me. Aragog is a great name!
oh cool I had wanted to try breeding do you have any tips?
 

OiFisho

Member
I'm sorry, but, ew spiders...
 

Kribensis27

Member
betta06 said:
oh cool I had wanted to try breeding do you have any tips?
It depends on species. What type do you keep? I keep Phidippus audax, which is fairly easy. If the type you keep lives in some of the same areas as P. audax, then they probably have some of the same characteristics when it comes to breeding.
 

Luckyscale2003

Member
I had a pure black one with what I can only describe as a white scull on his back she was huge about the size of a quarter and was really cool she ended up dying after 3 months but was a cool pet my mom hated her
 
  • Thread Starter

betta06

Member
Kribensis27 said:
It depends on species. What type do you keep? I keep Phidippus audax, which is fairly easy. If the type you keep lives in some of the same areas as P. audax, then they probably have some of the same characteristics when it comes to breeding.
mostly zebra jumping spiders...I can't remember what the one in the picture is but also a few of them
 

MacZ

Member
You keep them as pets? I have dozens in my appartment. One day they appeared, since then the number of insects in my appartment has gone down. I let spiders do their thing here, so I have less problems with other critters. (I live under the roof with treetops in front of my windows, so I always have all kinds of insects and spiders im my appartment during summer.)
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom