Does anyone have weird cravings for vinegar?

1. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

so, i know this is going to sound kind of...odd, but lately, in the last several months....not every single day, but quite often, i will have intense cravings for white vinegar. like green olives, pepperocinis-sp?, and one of my very favorites, pickles! i even love to drink the pickle juice from the jar. sure, ok....i know that's a little weird, and NO i'm not pregnant! haha. has anyone had cravings like this? what could it mean? i'm trying to google it....but there's not really one good answer.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

weirdo ;)

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I crave vinegar on my onion rings ALLOT. But it was much worse with each of my pregnancy's LOL

4. OP
    OP
    jerilovesfrogs

haha thanks jayseeeee. well shawnie, i have at least one other vinegar lover to understand :)

5. MeganS

MeganS Valued Member Member

I love vinegar! I don't know what it means but sometimes I just drink a small amount of vinegar. It's supposed to be good for your digestion in small amounts but can actually kill you in large amounts. Where I live a little boy recently died from drinking too much vinegar. Apparently his parents made him drink it not knowing that it would kill him.

6. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

So people think it is your body's way of saying you are lacking some part of your nutritional intake, or maybe its a phase, I go through phases where certain foods taste better, or could be all the salt in the things you mentioned, not the vinager.

7. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

The pretty ones are always a little crazy :p

8. OP
    OP
    jerilovesfrogs

parents made a boy drink it?! what for! now THAT is weird. well i know apple cider vinegar (ACV) is good for you, and people take tablespoons of it. i did try that once....def not like white vin.

lexi-could be the salt in those things...but i generally don't want other salty things is great quantity. i do have iron-deficient anemia....but i thought mostly you got ice cravings, or for dirt. both of which i haven't had. maybe i am lacking in something....but what

love ya too jaysee ;)

9. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

The only time ill come near vinegar is in sweet pickles. Other then that i cant stand it. I have more of a sweet tooth. Cant even eat salt and vinegar chips or meat that has been marinaded in too much of the stuff. Though i do get a craving for sugar cane and mango....

10. B

Borisbbadd Guest

I have a craving for Cheetos.....:;smack

11. OP
    OP
    jerilovesfrogs

no salt and vinegar chips!? i don't even think usually those have enough vinegar for me. but i like em. mmmm, i think i need to go down and get some now. thanks. so a guy with a sweet tooth...usually you don't see that too much. ;D

cheetos! not vinegary...but one could still crave them i suppose :)

12. soltarianknight

lol, not when its a Sugar cane sweet tooth. Have you tried Cane syrup before? Or unrefined cane sugar. It takes sweet to the same level that vinegar takes salt.

13. OP
    OP
    jerilovesfrogs

i've had that raw sugar before. is that what you mean? so i take it cane syrup is mega sweet....

14. fbn

fbn Well Known Member Member

I have family that lives in Ohio. We picked up some AMAZING salt and vinegar Chips and cheeses while we were there.

15. MeganS

MeganS Valued Member Member

Here is the most recent news article : http://www.lex18.com/news/coroner-lexington-boy-died-from-drinking-vinegar/.

I haven't tried drinking white vinegar, nor do I know if you are supposed to drink it. I have always drank apple cider vinegar.

16. soltarianknight

Quite literally the sweetest thing on earth. Its taking raw unrefined sugar and removing everything BUT the pure sweetness XD. Some people(ok, many) say its too sweet, i say GIVE ME THE SUGAR!.......i dont have a problem.

17. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Well I am pregnant and vinegar goes on everything I can kill a family size bag of salt and vinegar chips in 10 minutes.

18. Jahnikar

Jahnikar Valued Member Member

The only vinegar craving I've ever really had has been for wilted lettuce salad. Soooooo good!

I saw Cheetos were mentioned.... I'm ridiculously addicted to the jalapeno cheddar Cheetos. They smell terrible but they are soooo yummy!

19. OP
    OP
    jerilovesfrogs

FBN, where did they get the s&v chips! i need some!

well when i was prego, i loved hot sauce on most everything. and spicy wings. i still like those things, just not as often. i don't know, i'm wondering if this vinegar thing could be hormone related. mine have been doing some weird things lately. like hotflashes. people in their 30s can have some perimenopausal symtoms. i'm sure all you men really wanted to know that haha.

20. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

:animal0068: moved to Funny Stuff ;)

Well I didn't have a craving, but now I do!!!!! (rats to you)

PS - best (??) pregnancy craving I've heard of - Tomato Ketchup on Vanilla Ice Cream (do I win most gross )