Does Anyone Else’s Goldfish Do This?

EmeraldGriffin

So my goldfish have been doing this thing for about three weeks now and I don’t know what it is. Is it playing? Is it a mating thing? I don’t think it’s fighting, but maybe? Does someone know?
(I can’t seem to attach the video.) They keep nudging their back ends where they poop and swimming in yin yang circles with each other. They will separate and do other things and then meet back up and do it some more. It’s cute and doesn’t seem aggressive. But I wanted to make sure.

jtjgg

yes. mating behavior.

Upvote 0

Sc0rPs

Just keep an eye on it, the only issue that could possibly happen is your female (the one constantly being nudged) may start to stress. Does she appear to have bulged up in the belly area carrying eggs?

Upvote 0

FancyPantsy

Mine do this too, I did wonder.

I'll have to pay attention more to who is the nudger and who is the nudgee (I did think it was equal), might actually be able to work out their sexes

Upvote 0

EmeraldGriffin

Just keep an eye on it, the only issue that could possibly happen is your female (the one constantly being nudged) may start to stress. Does she appear to have bulged up in the belly area carrying eggs?
Well, I don’t know who is who when it comes to their sex. But my Orange (the pet store said it was an Oranda, but it’s big and doesn’t have a wen. So I think it’s a fantail) fantail has swollen up more than it was when I received it. But it has always had a more pronounced balloon belly. My black moor still has its long lean body. It has swelled up only a very tiny bit. The black moor starts the nudging and chasing. Then they go into this spin and sometimes the orange fantail will be the one to stop the spin by pushing the black moor and be the one to restart the chasing and nudging with the black moor being the one being nudged.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
alven
  • Question
Replies
Views
fireproofcats
Replies
Views