Does anyone else get excited to see their plecos?

Bry

Well Known
Is it just me? I have a 20 gallon that has two clown plecos with lots of driftwood. I love clowns because of their pattern and smaller size. But you never see them! I got so excited to see the tail of one last night poking out of a crack in the wood. (I hope they breed, but I don't know their genders.)
So I was curious if anyone else gets excited to see their shy-er tank friends? Also makes me worry when I don't see them, like are they okay? You still in there little ones?

Best Answer - View GlennO's answer

Chenpoes

I love it when I get the chance to see my bn pleco! I feel the same, gotta wonder if shes still kicking until I see her pop out to steal a wafer or go after some algae covered rocks. Get the same feels with my khulis, little elusive worms. Seeing their cute faces poking around brightens my day :D

GlennO

Well Known
My Khuli’s don’t like to come right out into the open that much but I love seeing them searching for food amongst the plants. I’ll be honest about my BN, if I could catch her and re-home her I probably would, but she would be impossible to catch without removing everything. She’s super shy and I rarely see her except maybe a quick look before she hides if I turn the light on at night. I find it hard to justify keeping a fish that never wants to be seen.

johnbetta

Well Known
yes but I am more happy when I see their fry atm I am sitting on 6 spawns of commons and albino fry three spawns from each type

ystrout

Well Known
Yes I love my pleco. He's so cute and funny.

Normally I just put in a small piece of algae wafer for him to eat and he finishes it. But sometimes, I put in the entire algae water which is 1/3 the size of his body. So it's hilarious when he's working on eating that massive piece of food. After an hour I take it out so it doesn't rot.

ImpairedFish

I donated mine to the LFS because he/she wasn't doing their job and I never saw them when the light was on

FreshwaterHG

Well Known
I love my little pleco. He’s shy though, likes to hide a lot, but that’s ok. I have a juvinile BN in my 16g while he’s smol but he’s moving to my 72g once he grows out a bit.

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
ME!!
and I haven't even gotten him yet. Just bought one from Mcasella , hasn't even shipped yet and I've already redecorated and added caves :) So excited to see him/her

FreshwaterHG

Well Known
Mhamilton0911 said:
ME!!
and I haven't even gotten him yet. Just bought one from Mcasella , hasn't even shipped yet and I've already redecorated and added caves :) So excited to see him/her
Haha I also don’t know mines gender. They are too young to tell yet :). My friend decided to give them the name Tadpole and I love it!

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
My little pleco arrived yesterday!! So tiny, just a wee lil baby. BUT SO STINKIN' CUTE! In love already, and, bonus, it doesn't hide. I can find him/her anytime :)

IMG_2876.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

New Threads