Does Anyone Else’s Betas Sleep Upside Down? Funny

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by treadingwater, Jun 27, 2019.

1. treadingwater

treadingwaterValued MemberMember

I’ve had 3 that have done this. Am I the only one? IMG_0235.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

2. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

It looks like he is trying to wedge himself somewhere to support his fins while he sleeps. Does he have someplace flat near the surface to rest on?

3. angelcraze

angelcrazeWell Known MemberMember

Yea, like a clip on betta leaf hammock?

That's pretty cute how he tucks himself in. But they do like to rest near the surface on plants or whatever.

4. OP
    OP
    treadingwater

treadingwaterValued MemberMember

I dont have anything other than that small plant. A hammock might be too big and he doesnt swim very well at all with those huge fins so needs to be in a smaller place. I may see if I can make my own with a smaller leaf. Maybe attach a small silk pothos leaf to the plant thats in there already, just give him a flat spot to rest.

5. Cindy22

Cindy22Valued MemberMember

Yes. When I first got mine he would just be swimming around and then go limp, fall to a rock and lay there for a while in all directions. Scared me to death, but then he'd snap out of it after a few minutes. I thought he might have narcolepsy, lol, but he's fine. Just different. He wants me to rub him while hand feeding. He's a great fish! If I don't pet him, he gets mad and won't eat, then turns his back on me. He's awesome.

6. Victoria99

Victoria99Valued MemberMember

Bettas are amazing

Mine never slept upside down, but he did go and lay down like that. He had a little shell at the bottom of the tank that he'd curl up in. It was super cute

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  7. angelcraze

angelcrazeWell Known MemberMember

I want a betta now!

8. Cindy22

Cindy22Valued MemberMember

Lol.....
    I didn't even want one. I had goneb in for fish food for my community tank about 6 months ago, then saw him lying there looking so, so sad. I love him though and I'm glad I bought him. I wanted all of them, but you know how that goes. :(