Do your Other Pets Like your Fish?

FishFolk
Do your Other Pets Like your Cichlids or other Fish?

Midnight, our very overweight kittie, loves to watch the cichlids. He used to look at Cory's tanks every now and then but now we find him propped up on assorted pieces of furniture (not allowed) or perched on the floor watching the new cichlids intently.

He and Thunder, over very thin hunter kittie, enjoy the occassional fingertip of fishflake too. The are quite picky and prefer the shrimp!

Shawnie
great pic!!!!!!LOL hes imaging a nice meal I bet

hockeyref88
Yep I have one cat that checks out all the fish, espesially the cichlids. He paws the tanks and has gotten on top of all the tanks, causing me to buy canopies for all but my 20 gal hospital which he got on and broke and fell in. My other cat does not even know the tanks are there, let alone fish are in them.

fishgirl
I have two very fat cats and both are to lazy to even look at the fish.

hockeyref88
I have two very fat cats and both are to lazy to even look at the fish.

Do you have any pic's of those fat lazy cats??

Rick

mlinden84
We were cat-sitting for my sister and her kitten was obsessed with the tanks!

Our most recent foster puppy, Rocky, (4 month old purebred lab) will sit in front of the 90 gallon and watch the fish all night. It's so cute!

ThisGuy
I think all cats love to help with anything fish related.

Angela_96
LOL... jinx loves the cichlids she lays on the fireplace next to the tanks for hours watching them (we don't use the fireplace next to the tanks)... its kitty heaven in our house w/ all the tanks...
Heres our fat black cat:

FishFolk
I love all the pictures of the cats and dogs Cichlids are fun to watch.

fishgirl
Do you have any pic's of those fat lazy cats??

Rick

Rick I will post some pics of Frank and Ralph as soon as I take some.

shellbell4ever
My Jack Russel Does

JR checking out my fishes I think he likes them

lazylathe
On the whole, I would have to say that most of my pets have ignored my aquariums.
My Conures used to try and bite the fish through the glass and it was cute to watch the bigger fish try to bite the birds tongues.

Our 2 year old female Border Collie is fascinated with them! She loves the Cory's when they are right up front, the Angelfish and Tiger Barbs are also her favourites to watch. She is also very gentle and will pop up on 2 legs and stand and watch them for a bit, its very cute.

I found her in my office the other night with the room lights off just staring at the tank!

20211117-182810.jpg

BradleyH2O
Our cat watches the fish from time to time, but she usually gets jealous when I’m giving the tank my attention.

BigManAquatics
On occasion one of my cats will post up on the tv stand next to the tank and stare at the fish intently, but mostly he just butts in at feeding time to let us know that HE is the important pet!

DoubleDutch
Uhhhhh not really.
Boooooooring

Attachments

• 20211114_134010.jpg
    20211114_134010.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 16
Mbradley17
I have a Schnauzer that loves to watch my fishies! Silly Girl ;)

BigManAquatics
I guess i am my wife's pet, and i am mesmerized by my fish tanks. Does that count?

Cue
Our bird loves them. Sits on my desk and they all say hi to each other.

PAcanis
No. And I'm glad.
I don''t need two dogs on the plus side of a hundred pounds taking an interest in the tanks ;)

But I can't leave the buckets unguarded while doing a water change if that counts :eek:

Dunk2
This is from a while back, but. . .

48BF1442-918D-4781-8BE5-85F011ECCCD4.jpeg

MCMLXXXVII
Her favorite spot

Attachments

• 20211109_110536.jpg
    20211109_110536.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
jmaldo
Well, here is "Kiki"

Kiki enjoying the Bolivians.jpg

kiki2.jpg

lazylathe
jmaldo

Kiki seems to want to fish!:D:D

jmaldo
I am sure if she could she would. She does dip her paw on occasion for some water. Years ago, I had a Super Red Pleco and she was obsessed with trying to get it anytime it was on the glass. She would sit for hours and try to figure out how to get it.

Crazy Cat!

Fishmanperson
On the whole, I would have to say that most of my pets have ignored my aquariums.
My Conures used to try and bite the fish through the glass and it was cute to watch the bigger fish try to bite the birds tongues.

Our 2 year old female Border Collie is fascinated with them! She loves the Cory's when they are right up front, the Angelfish and Tiger Barbs are also her favourites to watch. She is also very gentle and will pop up on 2 legs and stand and watch them for a bit, its very cute.

I found her in my office the other night with the room lights off just staring at the tank!

View attachment 823469
Sadly no I wish that would be very nice.

DoubleDutch
Things even got worse.

Moos even gave me "the paw" when I asked her if she liked the tank and then closed her eyes. Sooooo rude !

Attachments

• 20211120_152808.jpg
    20211120_152808.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211120_153308.jpg
    20211120_153308.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6
Houdini5150
My dog will come up to me when I am at the tank to feed the fish. He just loves Algae wafers and fish food... He got into a bag of algae wafers that I left out within his reach and apparently has a thing for fish food now heh

Fishmanperson
Yeah my dog really like my fish flakes but he doesn't like the fish. I never let him have the fish flakes because I just assume it's unhealthy.

Debbie1986
My English pointer mix used to dead eye stare at 1 betta, the rest he ignored.

His prey drive kicked in for the blue veiltale that I gave away. Caught him 1x nose to nose, paws on the desk looking at fishie!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ParrotCichlid
Replies
Views
bowcrazy
Replies
Views
Platyarelife
Replies
Views