Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi guyyysss!

Was wondering if any of you have fish that act like they miss you when you disappear for a day or so!

I have a betta in the office, and the last 2 days I worked from home to watch over a family member that had surgery.

So it's been Sat/Sun, Mon, Weds, Thurs without me being at work to spend time with the office betta who sits on my desk.

He's now sitting at the glass and watching me and following my every movements. Very cute, I'm thinking he might have missed me. Probably coz he doesn't get blood worms if I'm not here!!

My betta at home does a similar thing, whenever I'm near he gets more active and comes to the glass where I am.

Reckon this is just a betta thing or do you guys have other fish that do the same?

And I don't think mollies count, coz they're gluttons begging for food ;P
Molly: OMG SHES HERE SHE'S HERE WHERE'S THE FOOD OMG *mollies going psyco against glass* FOODFOODFOODFOOD... *Mollies get distracted, go away for a bit. Spot you again* FOODFOODFOODFOOD ILOVEYOUFEEDMENAO

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
All my fish, except for my corys, seem to get excited when someone comes into the room
after they've been alone for awhile. It's really pronounced with the fry because they are in the kitchen and don't see anyone often. The corys are just totally oblivious to anything, just digging away but then if they see you watching they take off like you've startled them.

-Lisa

LauraMillar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
my betta, Anchovey does the same thing, i try to watch him with out him knowing to see how he behaves normally, but as soon as he spots me or if i walk past he swims up to the front of the glass and goes crazy. In my other tank though my other fish only get excited if i havent fed them yet, their such snobs.

OP
FriendsNotFood

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Bwhahaha I swear fry have NO shame.

Whenever I'm in the tank cleaning (it comes up to my shoulder) the fry are always darting around my arm. And soooo many times I've been gravel vaccing and had the fry, not get sucked in, SWIM in when I'm starting the vac up. They don't care, just swim around inside the tube and my hand. And I feed them bloodworms and brine shimp from my finger. Dip my finger in the food and my betta and fry will eat it straight off my finger. Tis funny because the betta will see my finger and flare then notice the food and just come right up to eat. What a silly boy.

You need to watch those cories!! The whole "bottom dweller" thing is a LIE! I sneakily watch them and those guys swim all over my tank. Hilarious watching them make trails up and down the glass of the tank. This morning I had a cory sitting on top of my thick leafed plant for my betta to sleep on, til he saw me and acted like he was glued to the gravel again. They only like me when I feed too

Last edited:

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
All my bettas always get excited... But yes, my cories do the same. We have the pandas who are a bit less shy and happily swim everywhere, but my julii hide when they see anyone, acting like you have asked them to eat their own fins!!

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my fish are always happy to see the food deliverer. The livebearers come up to the side and surface where I'm at. the CPDs do also, somewhat. the D.Choprai don't, but they will stay out if I walk up slowly and make no sudden moves, if I move too swiftly they start pinging around the tank like pinballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom