Do your fish choices reflect your personality?

TheEssigs
Do you think that your choice of fish reflects your personality?

For example... If your laid back, do you have slow moving fish like angels? or If your active, do you choose fast moving fish like minnows?

Its hard to say in our case, beacuse we have a few tanks, some species specific... one tank I did because of the room its in and one tank we just hadda get cuz of the name of the fish...

anyway - I was just wondering...

COBettaCouple
so far, I think our fish do.. the bettas are stinkers and the platys are bottomless stomachs, so that fits me.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley
LOL Nice answer Dave.

Well I just get what ever I like but mostly Yes I geuss like the bettas are very hyper and energetic and so am I .

Miley

armadillo
Ha ha. Great topic, this. Well am hyperactive, so I like slow moving fish! But mainly, I choose my fish for personality, not looks. I love fish that give me attention!

Tazmiche
Now there is a loaded question. I have snappy barbs, antI social otos, greedy shrimps, hyperactive dippy guppies and bettas that just want to be loved and to eat 24/7. AAGGHHRR yep, that pretty much sums me up EEkkkk :-[ :-[. Well i'm snappy when i'm tired anyway. Gotta go, a cup of tea and a twix calleth!!

Neville
I don't think choice of fish reflects my personality!!!! I currently have only piranhas, that doesn't mean I am a monster like them!!!!! , before I had angels;I sold them because I am a little busy now, I think I'll have some again when I finish my MBA, but I like slow moving fish.

Allie
I am a very laid back person...but I have anxiety issues. I love angelfish who are slow moving but I do love my diamond tetra who are constantly moving.

Stradius011
I think so, I'm territorial like my cichlids.

Gozer_1
Maybe just a little. I can relate to Oscars. They look big and maybe a little mean but in reality they are just fish "teddy bears". I seem to have polar opposites in my over all "collection". Half are shy skidish fish and half are eager social swimmers. Does that mean I'm Bi-Polar? lol

AlisonChristine
Well, I've got mollies, guppies, platies and bettas... All of which are low maintenance fish, if that says anything about my personality. The active part of their personalities? So not true about me most of the time. The stupidity of the livebearers? Well, I would HOPE that isn't true about me... ;D And the whole "does not play well with others" aspect of the bettas, definitely true at times.

Tom
I think my angels pick up on that, when I am mad, they pick on the other fish, when I am happy, they swim around in circles and do 'tricks', when I am depressed(yes I do get depressed sometimes), they are always at the bottom of the tank and as if they are sulking.
Tom

armadillo
Hey. Wow there! ;D

The stupidity of livebearers? My mollies are really smart. Serious. They're the smartest of our fish. After the betta perhaps.

Well, I've got mollies, guppies, platies and bettas... All of which are low maintenance fish, if that says anything about my personality. The active part of their personalities? So not true about me most of the time. The stupidity of the livebearers? Well, I would HOPE that isn't true about me... ;D And the whole "does not play well with others" aspect of the bettas, definitely true at times.

AlisonChristine
Hey. Wow there! ;D

The stupidity of livebearers? My mollies are really smart. Serious. They're the smartest of our fish. After the betta perhaps.

Hmm, I don't find any of my mollies to be all that intelligent. The black male, named Moose by my mother, just swims up and down and up and down and loop de loop all day. He's very entertaining to watch, but he's no Einstein of the fishies.

armadillo
Oh that's so funny. We have puffers who are meant to be really clever, and they never work anything out. My mollies, however, are always the first to get a new trick.

Neville
I think so, I'm territorial like my cichlids.

> don't come any closer

Isabella
LOL, funny question When I am buying fish, I never look for a species that will "fit" my personality, but if any of the fish species that I have does fit my personality, then that's even better, lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ClearEyes
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
IchthyPen
Replies
Views