Do you use light mode or dark mode

Nickguy5467

I cannot use light mode for this site at all it hurts my eyes. Am i alone in this?

StarGirl

No..... its blinding.

marmaaa

Agreed, dark mode is wayyy better lol

FinalFins

DARK MODE!

We even provide cookies, they ain't oatmeal raisin either, they are chocolate chip.

BeardedTetra

Dark here too. I registered at another forum for planted tanks and never go there bc they don't have a dark mode

JettsPapa

If by dark mode you mean the dark background, no, I can't do that. White background for me.

Betta'sAnonymous

Most the time i have my sunglasses on because i am out in the sun and can't see anything anyway lol, but light mode works best for me...was missing a lot in dark mode.

StarGirl

Im on my 24 inch screen PC most times and the light mode is blinding. The colors are so much more vivid on the dark mode.

mattgirl

White background for me too. If I go to a site that only offers the dark background I leave. At night I do turn my brightness down to keep the white from being so bright though.

JettsPapa

StarGirl said:
Im on my 24 inch screen PC most times and the light mode is blinding. The colors are so much more vivid on the dark mode.
Maybe it's just because of my "mature years", but the black text on white background is easier to read than gray on black, and the dark mode just seems more of a strain on my eyes.

Basil

FinalFins said:
DARK MODE!

We even provide cookies, they ain't oatmeal raisin either, they are chocolate chip.
Liar lol! We have the chocolate chips!
Light mode all the way. My aging eyes cannot do the dark mode.

FinalFins

Basil said:
We have the chocolate chips!
Thats what someone with oatmeal raisin cookies would say...

Basil

FinalFins said:
Thats what someone with oatmeal raisin cookies would say...
Actually it’s the best of both worlds: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

StarGirl

Basil said:
Liar lol! We have the chocolate chips!
Light mode all the way. My aging eyes cannot do the dark mode.
My eyes are old and bad too. I guess it is what you are used to. I have FB on dark too.

AquaticQueen

I use dark mode. My eyes can't stand the brightness of light mode.

mattgirl

StarGirl said:
My eyes are old and bad too. I guess it is what you are used to. I have FB on dark too.
Oh my, you are a LONG way from old. You are all young folks compared to me

MomeWrath

Dark Mode FTW~~~
Here's another factor aside from age: I'm no child, but I also have horrible astigmatism, to the point that I almost can't wear contacts because to correct the level of astigmatism I have they must be specially made (I DO have special eyes!)... So as I age and get less and less able to focus properly, the white background just obliterates the text altogether unless it's a bold font and black text. Weird huh? I have a website I have to use for work that uses grey text on a white background and I have to lay my laptop screen halfway down to get enough contrast to read it. I've begged the devs to change it for more contrast and I get "oh I can see it fine! Can everyone else see it?" "Yes we can" "well sorry...."

Nickguy5467

StarGirl said:
your star is so much shiny on the left

StarGirl

Nickguy5467 said:
your star is so much shiny on the left
I KNOW right!!!!

Basil

StarGirl said:
I KNOW right!!!!
That is cool. I just use my phone. Might be different if I had not spilled wine on the keyboard of my laptop so that it’s frozen and I actually had a laptop to use lol!

Magnus919

Dark mode for sure.

JettsPapa

Basil said:
That is cool. I just use my phone. Might be different if I had not spilled wine on the keyboard of my laptop so that it’s frozen and I actually had a laptop to use lol!
Yes, wine is not an approved keyboard lubricant.

Rally

I use dark mode as well. Its my default theme every time its an option. I find it much easier on the eyes.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom