Do you think Platy is still pregnant or is something wrong?

Erikadawn

So we got 2 platies about 4 months ago, they were the first fish in our tank. One male one female. The female almost immediately got super fat and I thought she was pregnant. After a week or two she slimmed down and was back to normal. Now about a month ago she got super fat again so we figured maybe she was pregnant again or something. A week ago we checked the tank when we got home and saw 1 fry. Quickly scooped him up and separated him. Now we aren't sure if she had more (I'm assuming she probably did but were eaten) however she is still really fat and has been hanging out at the bottom of the tank away from the other fish. Before you say my water is bad--it's not! Tank is fully cycled. 60 gallons
Ammonia is 0
PH is 7.4
Nitrite 0
We test water weekly at home and once a month at fish store. My question is, do you think she is still pregnant or is something wrong? Don't want the fry to get eaten but it's hard to keep an eye on her as she's been pregnant forever! Haha
4c27391f45a40190a1c48b41667266e2.jpg
17e4d1e1b8edcdfa00118551e0acabdc.jpg
3b7d1105640ad95b737225b2195f3a8f.jpg

jess3434

She may be bloated, does she poop as much a usual? Maybe try fasting for a day, although she may be pregnant again.

Erikadawn

She may be bloated, does she poop as much a usual? Maybe try fasting for a day, although she may be pregnant again.
She doesn't eat every day and poops all the time

Erikadawn

Update as of 02/02/2018 @ 9:30 am:
Woke up to my platy sitting on the ground not moving! She was sadly dead. So sad to see my first fish go, especially with a belly full of more babies! After retrieving her, we saw a couple fry! Turns out she had at least 6 before she passed (we only found 6 so she may have had more)

WadeEH

Update as of 02/02/2018 @ 9:30 am:
Woke up to my platy sitting on the ground not moving! She was sadly dead. So sad to see my first fish go, especially with a belly full of more babies! After retrieving her, we saw a couple fry! Turns out she had at least 6 before she passed (we only found 6 so she may have had more)
Sorry to hear this Erikadawn. I hope you will be able to raise some of the fry in her memory.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AlexW9102
Replies
Views
PhoShow
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views