Do you think I could...

1. cwb141 Member Member

My pond (natural, not man-made, no fish) is frozen over due to sub freezing temperatures for a week and I was out in the middle looking down into it. There are a couple different plants and some duckweed in there.

Do you think I could transplant them from the pond into a tank for small goldfish, as well as mud/dirt from bottom?

2. kribensis keeper Member Member

the plants yes just give them a rinse under some water before the go into the tank just watch the goldfish they like to eat plants and the dirt no

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello CWB. I agree with Krib. I don't see why you couldn't move the plants into your tank. I don't think I would worry about the dirt/mud. Just putting them into your aquarium substrate should be enough. They will get their nutrients from the the fish poo or you can always get plant fertilizer. I have anubia, moss balls, marimo balls and java moss in my gold fish tank and they are all doing well. Low light and no additives. My gold fish don't bother them.
    DON"T FALL IN THE POND!
    Be careful.
    Ken
    :animal0068:I have moved your thread to the "freshwater aquarium plants" section of the forum.
    Thanks!
    Ken