Do you Sudoku?

Nags1965
good grief.. why is such a (according to every person ive ever discussed this with) EASY game so danged hard for me to do? I swear I must be a gluten for punishment cause I keep starting sudoku games and it just frustrates me cause I can't grasp the concept of this freekin game..

Do you sudoku??

Butterfly
Do you sudoku??
NO I do not, I seem to have the same problem you do Hubby does the puzzles about as fast as he can talk and I can't do it.
Carol

Nags1965
My friends 19 year old daughter is the same way. She can whip those puzzles out in ink and never make a mistake and I can't even finish the first 3x3 block.. and the sad thing is.. I'm playing this on my nintendo DS and I have it set on the easy stage.. it even tells me I'm wrong so I know when ive made a mistake and yet I can't do this game.. Grrrr

Butterfly
I guess I gave up too easily but it was like "oh well" and my husband just can't understand why it isn't easy for me
carol

mrsmuffin
I agree, that game frustrates the heck out of me! And, I am a NUMBERS person...

Allie
My mother is good at them. But when she has trouble with one...oh boy lookout, lol.

Evelyn1919
I LOVE SUDOKU!!! I do it all the time and never get tired of it. you need a lot of patience though but once you learn it then it may become an addiction so be very careful LOL.
I can keep doing it for hours and hours-I do the newspapers, online and I have books with tons of them. my b/f hates it cuz he can't do them/

Nags1965
Have you guys ever watched the George Lopez <sp?> HBO special? He does a whole really funny skit on the "valley girls" and sudoku.

Ok so.. If I understand this right.. I need to set aside more time and patience for this game? OH great LOL.

I am NOT a numbers person and I am surly not a patient person.. Ill let yall know if I get hooked.. don't hold your breath though..

Bishop169
Here is a trick start woth the rows that have the most amount of numbers then focus more on the squeres then the rows..

there are some websites that can help you practice they give you answers when your stuck.. I'm not sure what they are I play sadoku on Igoogle plug in...

but hang in there once you get it you can fly through most puzzles

Nags1965
I tend to focus on the squares rather then the rows.. and I do pretty good for about 2 squares.. then it goes all to heck

Coryd55
I used to do them. They are fairly easy to me.

I always start with the rows, both horizontal and vertical, that have the most numbers and fill in what I can by process of elimination. Just make a list of what numbers are missing and write them on the side. Test them in each space to see if they will work. If there is a slight chance that they won't work just don't put them in. You have to be positive with each number or it could mess you up later on. As you progressively work on the rows you should be able to go back and figure out the numbers missing in rows that you have already done. Also you should look at the squares as they are a big help. Just takes patience and some logic.

And the most important thing to remember is to check your work after each move to make sure all works out still. If it doesn't and you don't check then it will mess you up when you are done and you iwll have to start the whole thing over.

Hope that helps all of you who have trouble with them!

Cory

Chief_waterchanger
I haven't done them in a while.. I was bored with them, because they are incredibly easy to me. It takes a small bit of time and patience, but I never saw one I couldn't solve with enough patience and logic.

My trick is to not allow myself to get frustrated or stressed, and always remember it is just a game and the moment it stops being fun it is time to set it down and do something else for a bit, come back to it and you might just fine a renewed sense of logic and reasoning.

I go side to side, up and down, and whole big picture. If I can't make a match side to side or up and down with just a glance then I go big picture and look for hints that indicate a number that can only work in one or two boxes then figure out where all the other numbers in that square can possibly work (based on how far into the puzzle I am), that sometimes eliminates possibilities and shows where a couple numbers in the square goes. Once you get one or two squares done like that the puzzle falls into place, for me atleast.

(I wonder if scientists have done a study on what is difference, by and large, in the brains of those that find sudoku easy versus those that find it a grand challenge. That'd be interesting to see the facts/theories of such a study.)

Butterfly
(I wonder if scientists have done a study on what is difference, by and large, in the brains of those that find sudoku easy versus those that find it a grand challenge. That'd be interesting to see the facts/theories of such a study.) __________________
According to one of my old college professors the male brain in general processes math problems easier. Women have to work harder to be good at Math. Wonder if that is really true.... Interesting
Don't Like
nags, Butterfly, Mrsmuffin - all women
Allies mom, evelyn- all women
CWV, Bishop, cory55 - all men
Certainly not a good sampling but does stir the interest.
Carol

COBettaCouple
I never got into it. It feels like I'm learning and I wouldn't want that.

Nags1965
I never got into it. It feels like I'm learning and I wouldn't want that.

LOL now that's funny

Evelyn1919
According to one of my old college professors the male brain in general processes math problems easier. Women have to work harder to be good at Math. Wonder if that is really true.... Interesting
Don't Like
nags, Butterfly, Mrsmuffin - all women
Allies mom, evelyn- all women
CWV, Bishop, cory55 - all men
Certainly not a good sampling but does stir the interest.
Carol

you know I heard that once too. I love math and some poeple tell me that's why it is easy for me to do it and trust me it was easy for me to learn it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
Replies
Views
Quinn_Lamb98
Replies
Views