Do You Still Eat Fish?

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tuna and salmon's taste is ruined by cooking it. A little searing is about I can handle before I think it becomes inedible. I'll eat the canned stuff cuz all the flavors are sealed in tho.

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
pakals said:
When I first started keeping shrimp, the first thing my dad said when he found out was "can we eat them?"

Honestly, I might still eat shrimp; the opportunity hasn't really come up yet. But I really hate the idea of jumbo shrimp. They're huge, and they're served cold. Why are they served cold? Cold, huge shrimp seems especially gross, but I'm also a really picky eater...
Those are,the best with Silver Spring foods cocktail sauce ( shameless plug for my company lol)

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I eat shrimp in front of my shrimp tank to show them respect

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kasshan said:
Tuna and salmon's taste is ruined by cooking it. A little searing is about I can handle before I think it becomes inedible. I'll eat the canned stuff cuz all the flavors are sealed in tho.
People overcook salmon until it gets flaky and dry. It should be moist. I don't mind cooking it thoroughly as long as it's not overdone. With tuna (I catch my own) I make 2" thick steaks, marinate in soy and wasabi mix, pat on a nice crust of sesame seeds on both sides, and sear quickly.

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I do. I love sea food, and keeping fish has not deterred me in the least from consuming them.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AJE said:
I eat shrimp in front of my shrimp tank to show them respect
Wasted effort, my friend.

Roosteroni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I looove sushi and all other seafood. I also enjoy fishing. No shame for me either although, I would not eat any of my own pet fish/inverts lol.

Shoot even some of my previous fish and inverts enjoyed smaller fish heh.

ETNsilverstar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ann Daniel said:
Those are,the best with Silver Spring foods cocktail sauce ( shameless plug for my company lol)
Nah, best with homemade cocktail sauce. Super fresh and potent!

NickAu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do You Still Eat Fish?
Yes, and I also share the fish with my fish before its cooked, all my fish love a bit of fresh Barramundi

SlickSolo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don’t really associate pet fish with meal fish. Unless I start housing cod or halibut it’s fish and chips all the way for me.

Cardeater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I sometimes feel weird/bad about it, but I need my Omega 3, and I feel okay when I tell myself it's different species. Plus, I'm feeding them fish anyway.

I wouldn't eat fish I'd keep as pets. For example, I wouldn't eat clown loaches; they are supposedly eaten in Indonesia. This is the same reason I don't think I'd eat guinea pig in South America (I once kept one as a pet." .I'm not sure if I'd eat dojo loaches if I were in Japan as I think they are cool Aquarium fish.

I will say I feel bad fishing and haven't done it in years. I used to love it as a kid. I guess it depends on the fish. I don't think I should feel bad if I were fishing for salmon that we're gonna die soon after they spawned.

Stoka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shrimp, scallops, oysters, fish. Anything fresh off the boats is manna from the gods. Sorry I’m spoiled, most of the seafood I eat is less than 24 hours out of the ocean. I just can’t imagine living away from the sea.

BlackOsprey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If they were my pets I would not eat them... but I don't expect to be keeping striped bass, salmon, tuna, shrimp, sardines, lobsters, anchovies, or river catfish as pets anytime soon. Besides that'd only apply to the ones that are my pets. I'd still chow down on something that I have no personal attachment towards. Not my fault they're so darn tasty!

scarface said:
People overcook salmon until it gets flaky and dry. It should be moist. I don't mind cooking it thoroughly as long as it's not overdone. With tuna (I catch my own) I make 2" thick steaks, marinate in soy and wasabi mix, pat on a nice crust of sesame seeds on both sides, and sear quickly.
I see you're a man of good taste as well.
I'm not even sure why people cook fish to death, it's not like it's chicken or pork...

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ETNsilverstar said:
Nah, best with homemade cocktail sauce. Super fresh and potent!
Ok but then use Silver Spring Fresh Ground horseradish lol

Addie42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
SlickSolo said:
I don’t really associate pet fish with meal fish. Unless I start housing cod or halibut it’s fish and chips all the way for me.
totally agree, however I just saw a pic of black neon tetras on here and I shuddered because they look like the sardine cat treats I give my boys

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I eat seafood and fish happily. Then again, we raise our own beef, pork and chicken so I am kinda used to eating meat that had a face and a name to it!!

Tony M

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Love it all!!!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do not care much for seafood. Sunhawk on the other hand does. But she is sure to eat it in a place the fish can not see her.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom