Do You Still Eat Fish?

pakals

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've never liked seafood very much, but I used to tolerate shrimp alfredo on occasion. Except, now that I keep shrimps in my tank, I don't really like eating shrimp anymore. I know that the fish we keep and the fish we eat are different, and it's probably empty sentimentality on my end, but I'm curious if anybody else just doesn't eat seafood (or a certain "faction" of it) anymore since they got into the hobby?

I couldn’t find anything like this when I looked it up, so sorry mods if there's already another thread like this that I overlooked.

Stoka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Living in an area with massive amounts of fresh seafood I have to say I adore fish, shrimp, crabs and all seafood despite raising them as pets.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ll never give up my seafood. I have an aquarium on my dining table...not ashamed.

Gourami36

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had a thread with the same question. It ended up with people talking about takoyaki. I hate seafood but I live in north carolina. I’ve only eaten fish, squid, shrimp, and crabs though and I don’t like any of them

pakals

Valued Member
Reaction score
Gourami36 said:
I had a thread with the same question. It ended up with people talking about fishing. I hate seafood but I live in north carolina. I’ve only eaten fish, squid, shrimp, and crabs though and I don’t like any of them
When I was a lot younger, I got tricked into eating calimari. I was told it was a giant mozzarella stick. It tasted... fishy, for lack of a better term. I used to like fish sticks, but I'm pretty sure that sealed my dislike of seafood.

windrunner9189

Well Known Member
Reaction score
seafood makes me gag- the smell and the taste.

thanks, but i'm sticking with chicken tenders (sorry not sorry, chickens)

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am in Wisconsin and we do fish fry Friday's here soooo every Friday I eat fish shtimo and scallops yummy!!

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Red lobster tomorrow!

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i'm eating salmon tonight.... unfortunately i'm not a big fan of salmon lol.

Gourami36

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had salmon too. I don’t really like it either

Coptapia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I eat fish, but I don’t like “seafood” (cockles, mussels, squid, octopus etc). Crab’s nice though...

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love seafood.

tomgog

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I love to go sea angling and eating my catch. I also enjoy eating all forms of seafood (I could eat cockles by the kg)
Being in the fish keeping hobby hasn't changed this at all.

ETNsilverstar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We had popcorn shrimp last night and we’re going out for sushI tonight. Someone mentioned their mom cooking their dwarf shrimp in another thread too, so I’d consider trying them if I had a ton. Lol I love seafood too. And my 3 year old talks about the shrimp in the tank and the shrimp for dinner regularly in the same sentence.

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
well, I also gave my bettas some salmon sashimi, lol. they liked it.

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
midna said:
well, I also gave my bettas some salmon sashimi, lol. they liked it.
Hold up we can do this?

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ann Daniel said:
Hold up we can do this?
I would only give them a tiny bit once every couple of months or so, as a treat. this is wild caught alaskan salmon and it's expensive, plus it's been frozen, so I trust it's all right. a lot of fish food is made out of salmon or other fish (fluval bug bites lists salmon as their second ingredient, which I feed my bettas regularly), plus fish can and will eat other fish, so.

they'll be getting a couple of live flightless fruit flies later for dinner.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I eat Tuna Fish & Shrimp sometimes.

Rylan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My fish eats fish so I do too. Honestly, what really weirds me out is the idea that they are eating fish in their pellets that they would have no actual way of eating in the wild. Cod, halibut? It blows my mind!

pakals

Valued Member
Reaction score
When I first started keeping shrimp, the first thing my dad said when he found out was "can we eat them?"

Honestly, I might still eat shrimp; the opportunity hasn't really come up yet. But I really hate the idea of jumbo shrimp. They're huge, and they're served cold. Why are they served cold? Cold, huge shrimp seems especially gross, but I'm also a really picky eater...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads