Do you sing to your pets also, or am I insane??

Do you sing to your fish/pets???

  • Yes...

    Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No?

    Votes: 14 48.3%

  • Total voters
    29

erinw347

Member
Today I admit it, I make up songs about my fish. My most recent is “Counting Shrimp” The lyrics are a parody of this canon I sing in chorus:

Alto: One bottle pop, Two bottle pop, Three bottle pop, Four bottle pop, Five bottle pop, Six bottle pop, seven bottle pop, eight
Mezzo-soprano: Dont throw your trash in my backyard, my backyard, my backyard, don’t throw your trash in my backyard, my backyards full.
Soprano: Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar, fish and chips and vinegar, pepper pepper pepper salt.

Here my parody (I sing while counting how many shrimps I can see)
One shrimpy shrimp, Two shrimpy shrimp, three shrimpy shrimp, four shrimpy shrimp, five shrimpy shrimp, six shrimpy shrimp, seven shrimpy shrimpy shrimpies

Don’t put your shrimp in my shrimp tank, my shrimp tank, my shrimp tank, don’t put your shrimp in my shrimp tank, my shrimp tanks full.

Plants, algae and biofilm, biofilm, biofilm, plants, algae and biofilm, yummy yummy shrimp food.

I can’t believe I’m about to post that I sing to my shrimp but here we go.
 

Ghelfaire

Member
I have birds so definitely yes. The female (Echo) will dance to anything I sing to her.
 

goldface

Member
No, I don't; and yes, you're insane. Hey, you asked.
 

flyinGourami

Member
No, but that may partially be because I sound like a dying donkey.
 

Fisheye

Member
Cat arias. They inspire songs!
 

Flyfisha

Member
You are insane, but so is my wife. You are in good company. Nothing to worry about.
 

Falena

Member
I don't sing to my pets!
I just sing and they happen to be really..really close by :smug:
 

Celestial

Member
Are you kidding? I have about six songs that I made up just for my dog. He always perks up when I sing the treat song. He is so spoiled that just saying the word "where" (the 1st word of the treat song) will get him to jump up from a dead sleep and run to wherever I currently am.
 

FishGirl115

Member
I don't sing. Just talk to them
 

AquaticQueen

Member
I do sing. I sometimes read them bedtime stories too.
 

AquaticQueen

Member
erinw347 said:
Don’t put your shrimp in my shrimp tank, my shrimp tank, my shrimp tank, don’t put your shrimp in my shrimp tank, my shrimp tanks full.

Plants, algae and biofilm, biofilm, biofilm, plants, algae and biofilm, yummy yummy shrimp food.

I can’t believe I’m about to post that I sing to my shrimp but here we go.
I'm guessing you sing this to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
 
  • Thread Starter

erinw347

Member
AquaticQueen said:
I'm guessing you sing this to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
It’s actually to a canon we sing in choir called One bottle of pop
 

kanzekatores

Member
Wheels on the bus

The fish in the tank go swim around
Swim around, swim around
The fish in the tank go swim around
All through the water

The filter in the tank goes glug glug, bleh
Glug glug, bleh, glug glug, bleh
The filter in the tank goes glug glug, bleh
Stop making waste

The heater in the tank goes don’t touch me
Don’t touch me, don’t touch me
The heater in the tank goes don’t touch me
Or I’ll burn your hand

The plants in the tank go look at me
Look at me, look at me
The plants in the tank go look at me
I’m really green

The gravel in the tank goes roots stop please
Roots stop please, roots stop please
The gravel in the tank goes roots stop please, I don’t need your hugs

I could do this all day
 

AquaticQueen

Member
watermelon46 said:
Wheels on the bus

The fish in the tank go swim around
Swim around, swim around
The fish in the tank go swim around
All through the water

The filter in the tank goes glug glug, bleh
Glug glug, bleh, glug glug, bleh
The filter in the tank goes glug glug, bleh
Stop making waste

The heater in the tank goes don’t touch me
Don’t touch me, don’t touch me
The heater in the tank goes don’t touch me
Or I’ll burn your hand

The plants in the tank go look at me
Look at me, look at me
The plants in the tank go look at me
I’m really green

The gravel in the tank goes roots stop please
Roots stop please, roots stop please
The gravel in the tank goes roots stop please, I don’t need your hugs

I could do this all day
I love this!!!
 

Gel0city

Member
I don't sing, but I play music for my birds. To my fish though, it's a bit quiet LOL.
 

AquaticQueen

Member
erinw347 said:
It’s actually to a canon we sing in choir called One bottle of pop
Just looked that up. It's nice.
 

Demonskid

Member
My one cat Hiro seems to hate it when I sing, so I do it to annoy him. He came after me once. The other cat Kuromi loves it, she hears me sing or whistle, she'll come running and headbutt me for attention and pets. My oldest cat just gives me this "your annoying" look and then ignores me.

I don't make up songs though, I just sing/mimic what I hear coming through my headphones.
 

chromedome52

Member
I had a Billie Bass that hung on the wall, but I never sang to my fish myself. They didn't seem to care for Billie's song, either.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom