do you replace your light every year?

do you replace your light every year? if tank under a year old, do you intend to change light annual

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i've heard that you're supposed to replace your tank light every year and i'm wondering on how many people actually do this. i've not had a tank for a year yet, but i'm sure so long as the plants are still green and growing i wont bother (dont all shout at me at once....thats why i'm doing the poll, so get opinions on this!). also my tanks get plenty of natural sunlight, so that must help anyway? i'm sure they'll be a physics expert who will explain something about wavelengths and spectrums etc!!!!

so what do you think...is it really necessary? or another scam by the manufacturers to make money out of us, like the way they say change your filter media every month when really its unnecesary and can do more harm than good?!

tan

griffin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i thought it was only the uv bulbs that needed to be changed annually? i change my bulbs when they burn out.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My parents don't want me to put out the money for a new bulb when mine work perfectly fine. I just say to them, 'You're being cheap' and we all have a good laugh. So for the question, I replace miine whenever it burns out.
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
My parents don't want me to put out the money for a new bulb when mine work perfectly fine. I just say to them, 'You're being cheap' and we all have a good laugh. So for the question, I replace miine whenever it burns out.
Tom
thats my theory...more money for fish then!!!! - tan

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
I only replace it if it needs replacement or is starting to get dim or whatever

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wolfman21 said:
I only replace it if it needs replacement or is starting to get dim or whatever
makes perfect sense to me! if it aint broke, why fix it!!!!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tan.b said:
Tom said:
Tom
Or fish supplies. lol
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
tan.b said:
Tom said:
Tom
Or fish supplies. lol
Tom
true!!! they can cost more than fish!!! as you're established you're prob maxed out on fish, i'm still stocking mine. its a slow game, (especially when they die as fast as they go in! : - that really slows things down!!) so any spare cash goes on fish for now. got a tank in garage that needs fixing, then a heater and filter, so that's the next place for my cash. there's never enough cash is there?!!!! lol!
tan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom