Do you name your fish?

Do you name your fish?

• Total voters

cognizant

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I name the fish I can distinguish from one another, like my betta and my angelfish. Fish like my cory cats and my scissortail rasboras all look alike and so I can't bring myself to name them for fear I may call one by the wrong name.

metrovb

Reaction score
Beesty

Most of my larger fish have names 2 silver sharks are Bruce and Dexter, 2Clown Loaches are Laurel & Hardy,3 Joli cats are batman robin and joker 3 Black widow tetras are the 3 amigos 4 angels (see previous post) and so the list goes on. You may think i'm strange but people name dogs and cats etc so why not fish and i swear that the bigger fish do actually respond to their name, or is it just me? thinking they do because it's what I want to believe???

mjordan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
armadillo said:
I don't name them out of superstition. I figure as long as I just call them by their description ('fatty', 'circus freak', 'ginger head', 'brown sucker', etc. you get the gist), they'll do fine, but the day I give them a name...

how mean of u.
just kidding lol i dont name either wat so ever.

circus freaks nice

Scout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I name all my fish.

Seraph the gold angelfish
Blue Angel the blue blushing angelfish (named her after the Blue Angels :cool
Akula the RTBS (the Russian word for "Shark," but I really named her after the Russian Akula class submarines)
Zig the neon tetra
Dart the neon tetra
Jamie the peppered corydoras (I used to have one named Adam )
Bandit the panda corydoras
Bono the hybrid corydoras
The Edge the hybrid corydoras
Archimedes the otocinclus
Adrian the otocinclus

My sisters also each have an albino corydoras. Megan named hers Keto, I think. Shaina, however, wants to name her fish but whenever she comes up with a good name she changes it. So right now, its name is just "The Pink Catfish." My sister who owns Pink is only 4 years old...

As you can see, I like to name my fish after military vehicles. Only a matter of time before I get one and name it MiG.

Nate McFin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have all Cardinal Tetras and I cant really tell them apart so I named them all Pope John Paul...the 1st, the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th, etc. LOL
Except for 1 that I know is a female and her name is Cleo (named after Cleotetra) hehe

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom