Do you name your fish?

Do you name your fish?

• Total voters

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
named all of my fish... even my four otos which my boyfriend named "oto one, oto two oto three and oto four"

I wonder how he knows whos who lol.

Iluvatar

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have never named my fish but I did name my turtles...rest in peace.
As for fish I just call them by thier name.

Devon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually name them if they make it through their initial quarantine. Sometimes you have to wait a while for their personalities to come out before you can settle on the perfect name. With an entire school of fish though, it's hard to name them... I generally will give the group one name. Since my betta's name is David "Ziggy Stardust" Bowie, I've taken to calling my Black Neons "the Spiders from Mars."

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I name all but the goldfish, goldfish get numbers b/c they usaully go belly up on me a few days after I get them. I've since given up.

Pandora

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I used to name all my fish. Then I had too many fish to keep them straight so it seemed kinda dumb! Plus made it way too hard when I had to sell my breeders to make room for the next generation. I get attached enough to them as it is without naming em. The splendens do have numbers lol. Need to keep track of their parentage!

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yes i do name them, my old black skirts were

Kahuna-Leader
Diva-Only female, best colors
Shorty-Smallest
Blackney and Finn-Always fighting

and there are many others

Tayful

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, I name them. And at that, it's usually really off-the-wall names, or I name them after band members I like. Bahah.

fins

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
clown loach ....billy , have an angel i call freckles.ones name is pepper...bettas,lacey,red and grape,bug and prince..cae called slim, glo danio named ogre but the other fish arent named adf named jumper

rainman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes but only if there are only a few of the same type of fish to name. I dont feel it is logical to name every fish in my Cory school.

rileyrk190

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i name my fish after composers, because i dont think i will ever run out of names, and they certainly are unique.

Hypnox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I tend to generically name all fish of the same species, unless they are remarkably different like my angels. So the 7 black skirt tetras I have are all named Taco. The black angel is named Gabrielle, the White angel is Michael. I have a bamboo shrimp who hides all the time so I named him Waldo.

GouramiGirl1221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've named my fish so far and plan on naming my others...
not really sure what I'm gonna do when I have a school of hatchets, but I can give it a try right?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom