Do you name your fish?

Do you name your fish?

• Total voters

janoue

Valued Member
Reaction score
I name my bettas. doublya (after George W. Bush) Drew, Joey, Pinky and Brain. Those a re my bettas. Some of the community tank (ie tanks without bettas) fish like my daughter named the cat fish "Flora" and she named yellow guppy with the white face, "yellow snow". We have this one black Molly who I call "mean old molly" because she's mean.

Kayin1470

Valued Member
Reaction score
I name my fishies.

my betas name is Icarus, his body is bluish, black and his fins are a powerful red, wonderful contrast, I made the connection to Icarus, the kid who flew too close to the sun, and caught on fire or something, burned to death. (greek mythology) my betta's fins remind me of fire, and his body looks black unless you look closely, like it was burned. lol....

Big Killis name is Cronos (essentially the ruler of the earth lol, too in depth to explain.)

Little Killis name is Apollo (god of war)

Male Mollie's name is Osiris (sun god)

Female Mollie's name is Athena (goddess of arts and crafts and war)

Big Cory's name is Ulfgar Iron-Tusk (barbarian lol, my cory is awesome.)

Little Cory's name is Anubis (god of mummification)

Group of Neons have no name

Group of Rummynoses have no name...

kra-z-fishmumm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Same type of thing here. If I can tell them apart, I name them. But one evening, (I know you're gonna laugh or something), I was debating on naming one of my little cories 'Zoro', he was always out and about, taking care of the bottom zone. My husband said "Don't name 'it', or it will die!",,, well calling the little guy it cinched it, I named him...five seconds later, (maybe a minute or two), seriously, he rolled over and died!!!!:;alien Now for the cories I call them old cory small cory albino cory and spotted cory,,, nothing too personal.

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lets see.. my baby peacocks skittles and dori and their friend the pleco waldo (hes so dark and the sand in the tank is black we can't ever find him so Im always going to the tank saying "wheres waldo??)... then my son named the 2 adfrogs kermit and mary... the cichlid fry (3 of them) have yet to be named by me but my 2 year old calls them all nemo.... lol...
In my mbuna tank I have stripes, bumblebee, spike, red, nemo, paco (the pleco), blue, thats all for now that we have named out of 11....
My peacocks aren't named either... yet

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have names for all my fish (except of course all the guppy fry, who I just call 'the babies', and one's called Podge )
I only name them after I've had them a while though, as I start getting attached once they have names, and I couldn't bear to lose them.

lalynya

Valued Member
Reaction score
they name themselves...lol..sometimes A name just pops in my head for them sometimes not..my too calico angles go from being black & decker to heckle and jeckel while my veil tail has always been charlie...my past bristle nose was pickle (I couldn't say pleco right) and the new one is pablo (Don't even know if it's a boy or girl yet)..so yes and no

Darlene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
We have named all our fish. Our five neons we used to have though were just the Autobots...My four year old son is a transformers freak. I think even if we didn't name the fish our boys would.

J J Indy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes my Oscar is named Killer by my daughter because it ate her guppy. The Oscar was very small and I didnt think he would bother them since he was small and I was getting him a bigger tank soon but it only took 5 days before he bit their heads off and thats how he got his name.

Poor guppies

Fishies-for-me

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't name the guppies ...neons...cories...or glowlights...my bettas are Little Boy Blue...Pretty Boy Floyd ..and Crystal. I havn't named my 4 apple snails but I had one years ago and named it s-car...the kids would get a kick out of it when she was motering along the tank and I would say...( wait now)...LOOK AT THAT S-CAR-GO!!....lol ( escargot)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom