Do you name your fish?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Jon, Mar 26, 2006.

?

Do you name your fish?

1. Yes

73.7%
  2. NO

26.3%
  1. JonWell Known MemberMember

Hey wondering how many people give their fish names... seems like everyone names their bettas but not other fish.

2. MysticalNew MemberMember

I not only name them, I also change their names every year.

3. MarcWell Known MemberMember

I have far too many fish to name and identify them individually (some of them, like the Pictus)

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

lol, I named my pleco (blink) and ghost shrimp (boo and whiskers) but nobody else.

5. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

i have 42 fish and they all have names

6. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

7. vinWell Known MemberMember

I don't name them, but my son named his Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami "Bubba" because he'll occasionally chase the other fish away from his spot. He calls him "Bubba the Bully". :D

8. JonWell Known MemberMember

lol wow! cool!

you rename them every year? wow!

9. MysticalNew MemberMember

Yeah, I'm a little crazy. I figure it's alright though, they'll never know that they've have 6 names in their life hehehe. Bob figured out how to say his name, then again all the other fish say it too. (Just mouth the word Bob, you'll get it)

10. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

My fish all have names. (you can see them at the bottom af all my posts. ;))
    I always name my pets, no matter what kind of animal they are.

11. wolfman21Valued MemberMember

Gotta make them personal!

12. JimoldWell Known MemberMember

Most of my people dont have names, but my red-gold angel is named "Sparkle"

Attached Files:

13. sgouldWell Known MemberMember

No. And my kids harass me about it all the time.

14. NevilleWell Known MemberMember

yes, i name my fish, but didn't name my female guppies, they all look same to me.

15. inuyasha_lover_21Well Known MemberMember

I only name a few. Like my anemone and when i get the clown he will get a name but my corys in my FW tank wont get a name because I have 11 of them.

16. NevilleWell Known MemberMember

i named my betta Mr. Blue....he is all blue.

17. tan.bWell Known MemberMember

some of the guppies have names which my son came up with.....they're called 'me' 'nemo' 'dory'. the older plec is just called mrs. bristlenose, and the loach is called mr. loach.....do they even count as names?! but the danios and tetras etc all the same, so it would be impossible. the new baby plecs are nameless at the mo as we cant tell them apart. maybe when they get bigger we can tell them apart? if a girl and boy that would be ace!!!
    tan ;)

18. armadilloFishlore VIPMember

I don't name them out of superstition. I figure as long as I just call them by their description ('fatty', 'circus freak', 'ginger head', 'brown sucker', etc. you get the gist), they'll do fine, but the day I give them a name...

19. PrayforMojoValued MemberMember

My girlfriend believs that giving any of your fish name is certainly sealing there spot in davey jones locker. I have not tested this theory as we have not lost a fishdoe to date.
    mojo

20. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

We name all our fish, even the otos & corys when i can hardly tell them apart. lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice