Do you name your fish?

Do you name your fish?

• Total voters

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey wondering how many people give their fish names... seems like everyone names their bettas but not other fish.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have far too many fish to name and identify them individually (some of them, like the Pictus)

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't name them, but my son named his Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami "Bubba" because he'll occasionally chase the other fish away from his spot. He calls him "Bubba the Bully".

Mystical

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a little crazy. I figure it's alright though, they'll never know that they've have 6 names in their life hehehe. Bob figured out how to say his name, then again all the other fish say it too. (Just mouth the word Bob, you'll get it)

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My fish all have names. (you can see them at the bottom af all my posts. )
I always name my pets, no matter what kind of animal they are.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
some of the guppies have names which my son came up with.....they're called 'me' 'nemo' 'dory'. the older plec is just called mrs. bristlenose, and the loach is called mr. loach.....do they even count as names?! but the danios and tetras etc all the same, so it would be impossible. the new baby plecs are nameless at the mo as we cant tell them apart. maybe when they get bigger we can tell them apart? if a girl and boy that would be ace!!!
tan

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I don't name them out of superstition. I figure as long as I just call them by their description ('fatty', 'circus freak', 'ginger head', 'brown sucker', etc. you get the gist), they'll do fine, but the day I give them a name...

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My girlfriend believs that giving any of your fish name is certainly sealing there spot in davey jones locker. I have not tested this theory as we have not lost a fishdoe to date.
mojo

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom