Do You Keep Track Of Fish Purchases?

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don’t … maybe I should. Last month I lost 4 glass catfish, not all at once but over a period of a couple of weeks. I’d just purchased 8 black widow tetras and they were all fine. Water perimeters were perfect … what could it be? After going through fish profiles for a possible replacement it hit me; lifespan! How long have I had these fish? They started out in a 29g and I moved them into a 65g in 2000 something, 2 died so I bought 2 more in 2000 something; which are probably the 2 I’m left with. Don’t really know how much longer they have; fish though. I’ll definitely get more.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that date is correct and you haven't replaced/bred them in the meantime? Because Fishlore's own wiki and countless other sites list their lifespan as 7-8 years, where yours seem to have lasted triple that if your story is correct.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don’t really keep track of them, but I feel like I have a decent recollection of when I get them. Mainly because I do not make that many purchases and don’t swap out species much. I also don’t have 40 tanks lol.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I remember every date I got my bettas as a way to celebrate their "birthday" and I only have three so it isn't that hard to remember.

My male betta, Gladiator, gifted on December 5, 2017
My female betta, Little Red, bought on June 30, 2018
And my rescue betta gotten on January 14, 2019

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you sure that date is correct and you haven't replaced/bred them in the meantime? Because Fishlore's own wiki and countless other sites list their lifespan as 7-8 years, where yours seem to have lasted triple that if your story is correct.
I was just using “2000 something” to say I don’t know when I bought them, not an actual date. 8 years sounds close though.

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ve been keeping fish for almost 30 years and have traded and sold fish often, most of them cichlids. Over the past few years I’ve started keeping smaller fish and this is the first time I’ve experienced a die-off like this.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 62 66.0%

Top Bottom