Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Do You Have To Take Apart A Tank And Put It Back Together After A While? Help

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by BettaFishKeeper4302, Apr 19, 2019.

1. BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

So my 20 gallon long is a bit beaten up and I have to reseal it because I just noticed there is missing silicone in some areas. But I was watching one of king of diy’s old videos and he said sometimes you need to take a tank apart and rebuild it. I’m not sure and I’m kind of confused. How do people manage such large aquariums with this issue?

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

"If it ain't broke don't fix it". My 65 gal. Oceanic tank has been up & running 20 yrs. No plans to disassemble it.

3. BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

So just reseal it and not disassemble it and put it back together?

4. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Yes if it’s leaking it’s time to reseal. I don’t think diy meant take the whole tank apart he meant remove what’s in the tank clean it up. If needed reseal it than add new substrate and start again.
    If it’s not leaking it should be alright. The missing silicone may just have been extra on the insides.

5. BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

It’s not like missing but it’s fading away. I’m gonna reseal it here pretty soon for my comfort and knowing I won’t have to do it again for a long time.