51.6%
  2. no

48.4%
  1. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

do you have a quarantine tank?

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

no sadly i dont, my parents dont see the point :(

3. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

same here I'm try t convince mine to let me get one and anther tank :) :) :)

4. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I don't currently have one, but I am planning to get one soon, when I stock my next tank. I highly recommend one to anyone with fish, since fish can get sick at any time (which just happened to me).

5. beckers4oranges Member Member

wish i had one...and will get one once i start the salt water tank thing

6. armadillo Fishlore VIP Member

Just got one, but it still needs to cycle. Am thinking of a second quarantaine tank. I've seen the cutest miniature version of my hexa tank!

7. Gwenz Well Known Member Member

yes i have one, but it's not cycled yet. Will be setting it up soon.

Gwenz :)

8. PrayforMojo Member Member

I do not have one but am planning on setting one up as a hospital tank. At the time i hape inexpensive and simple fish that haven't been sick and are easily replaced. I know it sound mean but i would try to help the fishi f i could. The quaantine tank just isn't in the budget...yet. what is a good size for a qarantine tank and is it totally necessary.

9. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

we have 1 tank now and hope to expand that to 3 when we're able to.. if we can stop buying Bettas. ;)

10. FishPirateL337 Member Member

I have a 10g hospital tank. This was my first tank and it works great, even though I don't have to use it much.

11. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

I had a quarantine tank, but I couldn't figure out how to keep it cycled in between adding fish. It was good cause I used it to clear up the ich on my neon tetras, but a couple weeks later when I put an angel in there it died. I know that there is a way to do it, but it just wasn't working for me. Now my tanks are pretty much stocked, but next time I set up a tank I plan on getting another one.

12. SereneReyn Member Member

i don't generally find it necessary for me. i kept fish for a long time, years ago... and the one and only time i used a hospital tank was when my dad bought an oscar that was already sick... he was so bad off that i honestly didn't think he'd make it, but he pulled through and became the meanest one he had.

13. Allie Fishlore VIP Member

We have one. Some of our tanks are just too big to treat...so we need a smaller one. Less cost on meds.

14. capekate Fishlore VIP Member

I am now using my other 29g as a QT... wanted to shut it down, but thought, may as well use it if I need it for sick fish... Not going to add any fish in there so will have to keep an eye on the water perimeters to keep it cycled.

:;bananapc ~ kate

15. Pyro Initiate Member

I have a 2 Gallon for a smaller fish quarantine, and a 25-29 gallon as a larger fish quarantine. however, I ended up putting a big 8" Midas Cichlid in it because he was too agressive, not sick.

16. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

We Q all fish that come into the fishhouse.
    Since most tanks are kept 1-2 species only ( usually a pleco and whatever is the main fish for the tank) we do not run into any problems.

I HIGHLY reccommend that all new fish be quarntined.

17. luna Well Known Member Member

I voted no, since I currently don't have ANY fish, and my cycling tank is for just one betta. If/when MTS strikes, I'll create a quarantine setup.

18. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

We've always got some empty tanks now that can be setup in a hurry for a Q. tank. We just need to order a few more heaters after I tossed the Tetra heaters in the trash.

19. MagpieTear Well Known Member Member

Well, I bought a tank that was to be a quarantine, but it ended up with a betta in it somehow... ;D

20. becker42 Initiate Member

nope dont have one..but i have three tanks full of fish..all freshwater