Do you give your fish vitamins?

?

Do you give your fish vitamins/what type?

1. No wouldn't think of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes give liquid type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes give in Food

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes give gel type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes give other type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Don't have any idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I am thinking of giving the crew here some supplements to boost their immune systems. I have this irrational fear of fish loss, I suppose, but I am a prior health professional and happen to think vitamins don't hurt anyone or anything so I thought I may try them. (on the boys) I am taking a poll to see what the prevailing wisdom is on the type most used, if indeed any is used at all. I have some real finicky eaters so I cannot depend on their food doing it for me.

Any opinion will be appreciated as long as it is honest.

Rose
    :D

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i didnt know there even were special vitamin supplements for fish :-X

3. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

4. Osiris Initiate Member

Looking at the Vitamins 101 discussion on the link you provided seems to recommend them for salt-water tanks only. 

5. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I read that section, but the vitamins I was checking out are for freshwater tanks or have versions for both fresh and salt water tanks. Like I said, I would not even be considering this but I have 2 very picky eaters and have had much trouble finding a food or three that they will consent to eat. (My Bettas) They are meat eaters and I already lost one Betta because I gave in to his whims and allowed him to do pretty much as he pleased LOL - nutrition wise. He got so all he wanted was vegetable matter. I am having trouble with freeze-dried and pellet foods and now I spent a small fortune on frozen food and they are turning up their snobby little noses at that too. I just thought maybe I could afford to indulge their picky attitude more if I knew they were at least getting some vitamins.

Thanks,

Rose
    :)