Do you ever wonder about members who no longer post?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you ever wonder about members you started to get to know and be online friends with but drop off the forum are up to? How they are? Some you know have medical issues and wonder how they are?

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have, I have been a member on a different forum for many years and have attended meet ups and everything. Sometimes it’s funny how someone can be so active online and then one day they kind of just disappear from the forum without any explanation. I guess life just happens

Morpheus1967

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Absolutely.

It happens more in other groups that I am in. Like I belong to a lot of coin collecting and silver forums, which for better or for worse, happens to be an "older" hobby (I am NOT OLD). Folks tend to disappear for greater amounts of time there. Or sometimes, altogether.

OP
david1978

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yea like Gypsy13. luckdown. And many others.

aoiumi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't always have to wonder - sometimes I am that person. I was super active back in August/September, then didn't go on until this week.

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
Yeah, but as a gamer I'm used to it. People come and go, you can talk to them or see them every day and then one day they don't log on and they don't again. And just when you forget they existed 5 years later they kick it back into gear :D Sometimes you find out what happened to them a few years down the road because a family member has been trying to contact their online friends about it and finally finds you. Stuff happens and unfortunately a lot of the time you just never know.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have made and seemingly lost some real good friends on fish forums .
I found out that two of my buddies died when their spouses came on to make one last post !
Another ones spouse sent a note to mod and they had to share the sad news ..
Its hard to lose fish friends when you don't have a local club or others close that share the passion more or less even have interest ..

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
david1978 said:
Do you ever wonder about members you started to get to know and be online friends with but drop off the forum are up to? How they are? Some you know have medical issues and wonder how they are?
david1978 said:
Yea like Gypsy13. luckdown. And many others.
Yes, I do wonder. But I was also one of those people. I hope to be back for good now. Gypsy is on my mind all the time while I’m on here

OP
david1978

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep your one of them. Gypsy is one of the ones I'm most concerned about.

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not yet here for long enough, but generally I do in forums.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
david1978 said:
Yep your one of them. Gypsy is one of the ones I'm most concerned about.
Yeah, whoops. Life really got in the way but I’m back. I do worry about Gypsy as well. I heard from her last time I was on but haven’t seen her active lately. I think I may have her email so I could try to see if I can reach out that way

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, all the time. Other forums I frequent, and formed good connections with... and then one day, they stop replying. Especially when I read archived posts and then go, I wonder where they've gone'

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
there are several. i've done it for reasons as simple as a job change with a monitored or locked down internet connection. One forum I dropped off because I got tired of fighting their improved password system (8 digit alphanumeric with upper and lower case and special characters and a number...for a fish forum??). Sometimes social media starts to take over and I just need to get out altogether. Just saying definitely don't assume the worst. I'm not as active as I was at the start because how many times can a person answer the same question.
david1978 it's interesting that you of all people posted this question... I along with I'm sure many others wonder how you are doing these days.
I wonder about Dawn Michele , johnbirg , CleaHelena Seasoldier and a few others that I've seen give some really good, kind, thoughtful, informed advice. And Old Salt has been silent lately too.

OP
david1978

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bring up the site and look threw it at least once a day if not more. There are few threads that I have anything to add since we have really good experienced members.

Hahaha. Well I'm out of the hospital. That darn place.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Magicpenny75 said:
(8 digit alphanumeric with upper and lower case and special characters and a number...for a fish forum??)
I have that for my password. :D
johnbirg was seen 5 days ago.
Seasoldier wes seen today
Dawn Michele was seen today

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes, it seems like most of the people who were around when I joined are gone.

OP
david1978

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AJE said:
Yes, it seems like most of the people who were around when I joined are gone.
It does seem that way. I love mentioning you. All though I live a world away you are always one of my friends.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I miss some of the banned members too. There was a time where a lot were banned over something, I don’t even remember but it broke my heart a little bit

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom