Do u use hygger lights for ur aquarium/fish?

2absolute2purity2

Do u use hygger lights?

Do u use the moonlight setting for ur aquarium/fish ever? Should it not be used for a goldfish? Or if so how long? What are your time cycles/recommendations?

Debbie1986

I have 2 of them, 1 on a 20 long and just got 1 for my 38 community tank.

I use normal daylight but will use moonlight ( bluelight) if drapes are open and they are getting normal sunlight as well.

I'm of the opinion fish need time with lights off, even blue light off. Plus it's not real moonlight - that's just a marketing term

the one on the 20 long is 1.5 years old. works really well.

BradleyH2O

I use a Hygger 978 and I like it a lot. I programmed mine on a 10h cycle which kicks on at 12:30pm and does a 15 minute warmup that starts at 10% then transitions to 100%, over the course of the 15 minutes. It then runs at 100% for the next 9h45m until it shuts off at the 10hour mark, which happens to be 10:30pm.

In addition it has a 6h or 12h setting and also a 24h cycle which has the blue spectrum light that you’re referring to. It doesn’t run for 24h though, the light starts with sunrise mode at 6am then the light will transition to 100% and then wind down to sunset mode, before turning to blue spectrum. The light will turn completely off at 22:00(10pm) and stay off until 6:00am.

It’s very easy to program, but the only pain is if the power goes you have to reprogram. It’s only a couple buttons to reprogram, but the worst part about that is, if you’re using the 6h, 10h or 12h cycles, then you have to manually program it at the time in which you want it to turn on. Which during the work week, can be a challenge. Overall, I can recommend the light, my plants seem to like it.

lazylathe

I just bought a Hygger led from Amazon, it is the 36 inch model.
Using it on my 55G bow front tank and it looks amazing! There is a ripple effect on the sand which is very nice.
Easy to program and set up and my plants seem to be loving it.

Motherlovebetta

I have them on 3 of them and like them. I have them in planted tanks. I just do the 12 hour cycle on them.

Winniez

I have 2 Hygger HG-978 lights for my tank, I love its sunrise -daylight-moonlight mode and DIY mode. It's a little complicated for me to set up the , but it's really surprising to use.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kymob
Replies
Views
Crazy8
Replies
Views
TheWalkman
  • Question
Replies