Do U Like It

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Carpfisher, Apr 24, 2018.

1. CarpfisherNew MemberMember

My 14 g tank for my platyIMG_20180424_214758.jpg

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

It's a bit bare for the platy's liking. Have you ever thought of live plants? They aren't that hard to care for if you know what your doing. Some java fern or anubis would look good tied to the log.

3. CarpfisherNew MemberMember

Yeah i just didn't want to over ctowd it how about some moss balls and im not that confident with live plants so should i put some more plastic ones in

4. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

I've never seen a person kill java fern. There is a misconception they are hard to keep. Stem plants are usually what people refer to as being hard. Java fern, java moss, anubis, and hornwort are very good starters. Don't waste your money on plastic plants that you eventually won't use.

5. 123Valued MemberMember

But I would reconsider the anubis, their roots are tall and even Im having trouble keeping the plant grounded in stones. I think she does nto have enough sand to keep anubis in place :) Otherwise I agree with the java fern and moss :) It might also look nice with a whole planted carpet :)

6. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

You do not burry anubis or java fern in the sand. This causes the rhizome to rot. You need to tie them to drift wood or rocks. They also can't do a carpet plants because all carpet plants are high maintenace, and should only be for experts.

7. Mpwallace1New MemberMember

That’s great advice. I bought all these 20 dollar 2 foot plastic plants initially while my live plants where filling in and I regret it now. Do yourself a favour, get a wisteria and some fertilizer root tabs. It grows like a weed so fast, and it will fill in your tank nice. You can’t kill it. Even the trimmings you can float on top and they will drop roots 90eb0ff8a63e0d3bfb160567f530311f.jpg
    a0ed03539659418b11ba72399de9acd1.jpg

8. 123Valued MemberMember

Wow lol, I've been failing my anubis this whole time XD Thank you for the information. I guess Im in the water tomorrow once again :D

9. phantomValued MemberMember

10. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

If you feel comfortable with what the tank looks like then it looks great. The fish doesn't care what's in the tank as long as you feed it food.

Once you feel confident enough to start plants then do it. But if your not ready to do plants quite yet then don't do it. It's your tank...

11. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

Quite the contrary, of course a fish will do better in an aquarium with more adequate places to hide. I don't see enough objects in the aquarium to give them this sense of security.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice