Do they eat plants?

Discussion in 'Blue Lobster' started by ilikefish, Apr 3, 2010.

1. i

ilikefish Valued Member Member

I have a 20g planted tank that has nothing but TONS of plants... The plants are a must... will a blue lobster eat plants?

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

It'll dig them up.

3. OP
    OP
    i

Aww... well then I guess thats a no go : (

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Crayfish are aquatic bulldozers. You could get dwarf crayfish maybe. Mine don't dig in the sand, but I'm not sure about the live plant part.

5. OP
    OP
    i

hmm thanks for the info i'll check it out : )

6. cm11599ps

cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

One crayfish I had even decided to munch down on some plastic plants.

7. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

My crayfish has only slid my plants over if he cant move around them well. He has so far only moved them a little close together so he can try to catch one of the guppies in the tank. (Which is what they are there for...lol)

8. FishLuver

FishLuver Valued Member Member

I've seen my crayfish nibbling on my sword plant. I've also even seen him dig up a root and take a nibble! And yes, they definately like to dig around the roots! I find that if I give him lots of hiding places he'll stay away from the plant though. I think he mainly digs at the roots in attempts to make a hiding place! lol Good luck!

9. C

Chicklette Valued Member Member

Mine dug up my plants so I put them in another tank. They dig the roots up and nibble on them.

10. yallyall1

yallyall1 Well Known Member Member

I think moss species would be OK, or even plants with driftwood...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice