Do These Snail Eggs Look Close To Catching?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by shrimpforever777, Jun 4, 2019.

1. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

Hi all! I just wanted to ask if these two clutches of mystery snail eggs look like they are any closer to hatching? They both have a papery white look to them and one is getting some dark spots, they look like they are getting close to me but I just wanted a more experienced opinion! TIA! 20190604_221313.jpg20190604_221330.jpg

2. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

I haven’t done this myself but I’ve seen videos of them being hatched and the coating looks very similar!!
    How old is this clutch?

3. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

The larger one is a little over a month and the smaller one is probably around 3ish weeks

4. gorejusdesignValued MemberMember

They should be ready any day now. Are the going straight from hatching into a tank?

5. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

Yeah, I am planning on having them stay in the tank that they are hatched in. Unless that would be a problem for their survival.

6. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

They just hatched I don't know what to do now.

7. gorejusdesignValued MemberMember

Are they in the tank now? You can crumble up the rest of the clutch and they will eat that as their first meal. Then you can give them algae discs, green beans, dark leafy greens. Did you hatch a lot of babies? Any pics would be great! :)

8. SnailsGaloreValued MemberMember

I would definitely go with algae discs broken in little pieces scattered around the area where the babies are. Many of them will die just because that’s what happens, but a large number should survive if they have enough food. Now you just have to decide what to do with them as they get bigger!

9. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

Sorry for the delay! They are doing great! Here are the photos from the day that they hatched! 20190606_194749.jpg20190606_194745.jpg

10. SnailsGaloreValued MemberMember

They’re so fun to watch when they’re tiny like that! Looks like a good bunch!

11. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

Yes they are! And it's like a guessing game! One minute they're here and gone then next then wait! Here they are lol!

12. gorejusdesignValued MemberMember

Very nice! What colors are ma and pa snail?

13. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

Well I has four snails at the time they were laid so it could either be, a white dad or a gold dad and a black mom or a blue mom. It is most likely the gold dad with the blue mom, they looked the busiest lol! I also caught her laying ALOT!