Do these eyes look bigger?

• Thread starter kippielynn
  • Start date

kippielynn

worried this may be popeye or maybe his color change is making his eyes appear larger.. I’m really not sure:( Darker version is current state. any thoughts? Do fantails have a bit of protruding eyes as it is? I can’t recall them looking this large before.

Attachments

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
I can't tell really well, does he show any others signs of a bacterial infection? Does there seems to be swelling behind the eyes?

kippielynn

no other issues. I mean other than a drastic color change and I swear eyes both look bigger but seems symetric on that. Eating and swimming fine. I will just keep watching him I guess:)

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I can't tell really well, does he show any others signs of a bacterial infection? Does there seems to be swelling behind the eyes?
Not trying to hijack but can you help me diagnose what was on my guppy?

Desi

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn’t look like pop eye to me. Usually with pop eye the eye will be more noticeably swollen and both eyes are the same size and perfectly symmetrical. I’d keep an eye on it however if you notice the eye is getting noticeably larger then I’d be concerned.

kippielynn

Thanks! I thought the same thing, so that is comforting:)

kippielynn

RomanNoodles96 said:
did you get help for your guppy? Send the post and I can try to help too :)

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
kippielynn said:
did you get help for your guppy? Send the post and I can try to help too :)
I didn't even see this. How do I send the post?

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
RomanNoodles96 said:
Yeah unless there are other signs of pain or a bacterial infection, it's probably not a concern. Some goldfish just have larger eyes, obviously telescopes, but normal ones too.

I can try, I mainly focus on goldfish but I am happy to help however I can! Do you have a thread? Even just the name and I'll search it.

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Yeah unless there are other signs of pain or a bacterial infection, it's probably not a concern. Some goldfish just have larger eyes, obviously telescopes, but normal ones too.

I can try, I mainly focus on goldfish but I am happy to help however I can! Do you have a thread? Even just the name and I'll search it.
Its called, "guppy with red spot/sore on side."

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
RomanNoodles96 said:
I didn't even see this. How do I send the post?
You can tag a member to your thread/question by typing the @ sign in front of their user name like this RomanNoodles96 ;)

Top Bottom