Do these eyes look bigger?

  • Thread starter kippielynn
  • Start date
  • Thread starter
  • #1

kippielynn

Active Member
Member
Messages
200
worried this may be popeye or maybe his color change is making his eyes appear larger.. I’m really not sure:( Darker version is current state. any thoughts? Do fantails have a bit of protruding eyes as it is? I can’t recall them looking this large before.
 

Attachments

  • #2

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
Member
Messages
700
I can't tell really well, does he show any others signs of a bacterial infection? Does there seems to be swelling behind the eyes?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

kippielynn

Active Member
Member
Messages
200
no other issues. I mean other than a drastic color change and I swear eyes both look bigger but seems symetric on that. Eating and swimming fine. I will just keep watching him I guess:)
 
  • #4

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,088
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I can't tell really well, does he show any others signs of a bacterial infection? Does there seems to be swelling behind the eyes?
Not trying to hijack but can you help me diagnose what was on my guppy?
 
  • #5

Desi

Active Member
Member
Messages
326
It’s hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn’t look like pop eye to me. Usually with pop eye the eye will be more noticeably swollen and both eyes are the same size and perfectly symmetrical. I’d keep an eye on it however if you notice the eye is getting noticeably larger then I’d be concerned.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

kippielynn

Active Member
Member
Messages
200
Thanks! I thought the same thing, so that is comforting:)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7

kippielynn

Active Member
Member
Messages
200
RomanNoodles96 said:
Not trying to hijack but can you help me diagnose what was on my guppy?
did you get help for your guppy? Send the post and I can try to help too :)
 
  • #8

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,088
kippielynn said:
did you get help for your guppy? Send the post and I can try to help too :)
I didn't even see this. How do I send the post?
 
  • #9

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
Member
Messages
700
RomanNoodles96 said:
Not trying to hijack but can you help me diagnose what was on my guppy?
Yeah unless there are other signs of pain or a bacterial infection, it's probably not a concern. Some goldfish just have larger eyes, obviously telescopes, but normal ones too.

I can try, I mainly focus on goldfish but I am happy to help however I can! Do you have a thread? Even just the name and I'll search it.
 
  • #10

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,088
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Yeah unless there are other signs of pain or a bacterial infection, it's probably not a concern. Some goldfish just have larger eyes, obviously telescopes, but normal ones too.

I can try, I mainly focus on goldfish but I am happy to help however I can! Do you have a thread? Even just the name and I'll search it.
Its called, "guppy with red spot/sore on side."
 
  • #11

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,207
RomanNoodles96 said:
I didn't even see this. How do I send the post?
You can tag a member to your thread/question by typing the @ sign in front of their user name like this RomanNoodles96 ;)
 
Top Bottom