Do snail eggs have eyes?

Jayce0

There is unfortunately no way I could get a good photo of this, but I found a small, transparent cluster of eggs in a transparent film. I Immediately assumed they were snail eggs given that I have a 1 ramshorn and 2 bladder snails, but the little black eyes I can see throw me off. They remind me of shrimp eggs, except you know, smaller. They're on the under side of a leaf, and there's about 10 or so of them. What do you guys think?

thefishn00b

maybe i dunno tbh

Upvote 0

Trenzalore

What kind of fish do you have in there? And, given that it's hard to see the actual eyespots on their stalks even as larger adults.. probably not snails.. or maybe they're not eyespots?

Upvote 0

Jayce0

What kind of fish do you have in there? And, given that it's hard to see the actual eyespots on their stalks even as larger adults.. probably not snails.. or maybe they're not eyespots?
A betta and 1 very lonely male ghost shrimp (r.i.p his friends). Not sure what else the black dots could be otherwise, this is my first time having an aquarium haha

Upvote 0

thefishn00b

A betta and 1 very lonely male ghost shrimp (r.i.p his friends). Not sure what else the black dots could be otherwise, this is my first time having an aquarium haha
is the betta showing aggression towards any of the inhabitants

Upvote 0

Trenzalore

Are you completely sure they're eggs? A member of a facebook aquarium group I'm in thought she had strange eggs and posted a picture, but it turned out to be a couple betta food pellets with white mold on them

Upvote 0

Jayce0

is the betta showing aggression towards any of the inhabitants
Nope, he's a quite chill, maybe even a bit of a skittish guy. He's afraid of detritus worms.. can't blame him. He's definitely more of a flight than a fight betta. My shrimp died because of your good o'l natural ghost shrimp fragility (I only had around 10 other ones).

Upvote 0

Jayce0

Are you completely sure they're eggs? A member of a facebook aquarium group I'm in thought she had strange eggs and posted a picture, but it turned out to be a couple betta food pellets with white mold on them
Yeah, they surely are eggs. My betta doesn't like pellets lol so I don't use them

Upvote 0

thefishn00b

Nope, he's a quite chill, maybe even a bit of a skittish guy. He's afraid of detritus worms.. can't blame him. He's definitely more of a flight than a fight betta. My shrimp died because of your good o'l natural ghost shrimp fragility (I only had around 10 other ones).
can you perhaps post a pic of tank for us we would love to see!

Upvote 0

Jayce0

Because I don't want to leave you hanging in awkwardness for 30 minutes: I will in just a bit! Gotta charge my phone haha

Upvote 0

Jayce0

Here ya go! Also tried to take a pic of the eggs, but you can't see their eyes (while taking pics, I noticed an actual snail egg cluster- I'm ready for babs) it's rather clustered, especially with my crinkle cut grass growing so much. You can't even see my wisteria;;

Attachments

• 20201013_234759.jpg
    20201013_234759.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201013_234317.jpg
    20201013_234317.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

Maybe the black spots you are seeing is just the baby snails developing

Upvote 0

smee82