Do Platy Fish like currents in their fish tank?

carlfishlover

I have a Top Fin Silentstream 10 Power Filter with cartridge in my fish tank and it has an adjustable water current. I had it at the lowest water current level and now it's in between the lowest current and the middle. So I would say the strength of the current is at 35%-45% as strong as it could be at its max. Is this okay for the platy fish or do they prefer stronger or less current. I noticed that I have seen two of my platy fish blow bubbles and or gulp at the surface. They don't constantly do this but I have noticed it and I have read online that it could be a sign of not enough oxygen in the tank or something like that. I also have like 8 plants in my tank and I think that is suppose to help out with the water's oxygen. Is this normal behavior to blow bubbles? They've only done it a couple times but eat, scavenge for food, group together, swim all the time, and seem completely healthy.

BigManAquatics

My HOB isn't adjustable and my platies don't seem to mind the current in my tank. Does blow then around in a couple spots in the tank when they are fry, though, but they don't seem to mind too much. Just keep going about their platy stuff.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • carlfishlover
  • Platy
Replies
Views
carlfishlover
Replies
Views
MasterPython
  • Question