Do My Bettas Have Fin Rot?

Barch

I have two Betta fish. One is in a 10 gallon and we have had him since June. The tanks cycled and I do 30%-50% water changes every 1 or 2 weeks. My other Betta we have in a 5.5 gallon and had him since maybe August or September. Both tanks have 0 ammonia ppm, 0 nitrite, 5ppm nitrates. I keep good care of my fish. Both tanks have live plants, java fern, luffa balls, water Wisteria, and some silk plants. Any sharp plants have been removed but I've had these fish for months with no issues ....

Both my bettas have fins disappearing. My one is a spaz fish who's got almost no fins left at all, I figured he just lost his fins because he was running into stuff and tearing up his fins through the fake plants. The other one however, our original fish, who's in the 10 gallon, started developing small white dots on his fins and now my wife is noticed the small white dots turned into small holes, now his top fin is decaying as well now.

Just did 50% water changed and removed a fake coconut decoration because of paint was flaking off..

Any ideas?

Fishy McGee

Picture?

Barch

Fishy McGee said:
really hard to get a good picture because he's flapping his fins while I'm trying to take the picture, I'm at work right now but I'll take some tonight and post them up

Louise S

..small white dots may be ich

Top Bottom