Do I need to be worried about these poops?

Kitcatkady

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m new to fish keeping, but hearing about white poop being a problem. My guppies have been with me 2 weeks, and today I noticed this: see attached pic and please let me know if I need to worry. If so, what do I do?

thanks,

Attachments

OP
K

Kitcatkady

Reaction score
Okay.. reading up it looks like I should try treating with Seachem paragard. I’ll get some and treat. Any thing I need to know?

Willj626

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Kitcatkady said:
Okay.. reading up it looks like I should try treating with Seachem paragard. I’ll get some and treat. Any thing I need to know?
Just use proper dosages and all should be fine.

OP
K

Kitcatkady

Reaction score
The only thing I could get my hands on tonight was copper power green. I have taken the plants and snails out (all that I can find anyway). It’s says protection for many months. Any idea when it’s safe to put the snails and plants back? I looked it up but couldn’t find any info.

should I also still get some Seachem paragard? Or something else?

thanks!

Willj626

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Kitcatkady said:
The only thing I could get my hands on tonight was copper power green. I have taken the plants and snails out (all that I can find anyway). It’s says protection for many months. Any idea when it’s safe to put the snails and plants back? I looked it up but couldn’t find any info.

should I also still get some Seachem paragard? Or something else?

thanks!
I'm a bit cautious but I'd wait a long time, like leave the meds in for a few days then do daily water changes for a week before its safe for inverts/snails again. If you can find them there are copper tests that will tell you if there's any present in the water column.

New Threads