Do i need to add benifical bacteria every water change

DoubleDutch
As long as there are fish in to keep the existing bacteria fed, there is no need to.
BTW : the bacteria in Stability are different species than the real BB

FreshwaterCole
Rantarzalt said:
Hi i have my 48 gallon cycled for 2 months if counting march then 3 should i constantly add my seachem stability for every water change
Should be more of an initial use if you have fish like DoubleDutch said...although some actually do require that you add every wc etc....

SouthAmericanCichlids
If you don't have food, just drop a few flakes in there, and they'll make ammonia and that will give them food.

Rantarzalt
JettsPapa
Rantarzalt said:
I have a stocked tank with tetras and a cute gourami and 5 guppies
Then no, the only thing you should need to add when you change water is your de-chlorinator, assuming you're on a municipal or other water system. I'm on well water, so I don't add anything.

DoubleDutch
FreshwaterCole said:
Should be more of an initial use if you have fish like DoubleDutch said...although some actually do require that you add every wc etc....
That requirement is based on a marketing strategy.
When / if a filter is properly cycled there is not any need to add in case of waterchanges.

FreshwaterCole
Wow, as if they do that.
Wag of the finger I say!

Rantarzalt
? What do you mean FreshwaterCole

Rantarzalt
DoubleDutch so i do not need to add more seachem stability for my tank for every water change i have fishes in the tank and they are happy

DoubleDutch
Rantarzalt said:
DoubleDutch so i do not need to add more seachem stability for my tank for every water change i have fishes in the tank and they are happy
Nope, but you might need a conditioner !

FreshwaterCole
Rantarzalt said:
? What do you mean FreshwaterCole
'Wag of the finger' is to demonstrate ones disgust lol...and in this case towards the many cycle product companies that imply you need to continue use....wag of the finger!

Fisch
Rantarzalt said:
Just one word of caution. If you always used stability since the beginning of the tank you just may want to watch your parameters a bit more closely should you stop using it to observe any possible changes.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom