Do I Need The Spray Bar?

SuperK

To be fair, I really don't like spray bars
They make noise, and other annoying things like spray water everywhere

Anyway, I have an Eheim Classic, do I need to keep the spray bar on? Can I just take it off?

Piaelliott

My spray bar doesn't make noise. It needs to be under water in a way that it still ripples the surface a little bit. There is also no splashing, you literally don't hear anything. A lot quieter than any HOB.
IMG_20170124_082811.jpg

BluMan1914

You can use a spraybar if you want to..there is no law or rules that you have to use it. I believe that Mos people use them for surface agitation to keep the protein looks like a thin layer of oil on the surface) down. It's also used to help direct the current of the water. Some people use them to reduce the flow of the output, because some fish like calmer water and the spraybar helps control that.

SuperK

I can't get mine to go below the waterline
It's because my tank has a max waterline to stop the water from being in contact with the lights

Unfortunately that's below the spray bar

I was thinking I could aI'm it down more? Like rotate the spray bar itself
Otherwise it has to come off, it's so noisy qq

Tiny_Tanganyikans

I can't get mine to go below the waterline
It's because my tank has a max waterline to stop the water from being in contact with the lights

Unfortunately that's below the spray bar

I was thinking I could aI'm it down more? Like rotate the spray bar itself
Otherwise it has to come off, it's so noisy qq
You can always extend it with tubing or pvc or just remove it, its up to you. If you remove it the flow might be too much and you will need to baffle it. Just play around with it until it suites your and your aquarium's needs.

I did something similar in one of my ram tanks. The spray bar attachment itself was not in a good angle. I cut a few inches of tube off my gravel vac and attached it to the bar so I had more range of placement. I also make my own spray bars out of pvc pipe and glue them to the inside rI'm of the tank so their hidden. But you don't have to use it at all.

Piaelliott

How deep does your spray bar need to be? What kind of tank do you have? Just curious

I found a picture for you, you could make that connection piece longer, like Liitke said:

eheim canister filter setup - Google Search

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
Donthemon
Replies
Views
Tanks and Plants
Replies