Do I Need Co2

Mathew Sanders

Reaction score
Hello everyone I really like my setup and don't want my plants to die rn I have led lights and water fertilizer is there anything in here that will die that with just those two things?
IMG_20180415_204445.jpg

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yo. Ehh perhaps some specs? Size of tank, type/brand of light, brand of ferts? Looks good though there my friend! I see maybe Micro Sword (?), Anubias, Java Ferns, really medium-to-big Amazon Swords...? And a few moss balls. Rotala is the big red one on the right side...? Most of those should be fine under low light, even with ferts...not sure about the Rotala though... (if that's in fact, Rotala...)

Mathew Sanders

Reaction score
SFGiantsGuy said:
Yo. Ehh perhaps some specs? Size of tank, type/brand of light, brand of ferts? Looks good though there my friend! I see maybe Micro Sword (?), Anubias, Java Ferns, really medium-to-big Amazon Swords...? And a few moss balls. Rotala is the big red one on the right side...? Most of those should be fine under low light, even with ferts...not sure about the Rotala though... (if that's in fact, Rotala...)
I just got 3 Java fern 2 Mondo grass 1 red ludwigia and 1 hornwort 1 Anubis and 2 moss balls and the lights are aqua culture led aquarium hood 10 gallon with a sand subtrate with fourish water fertilizer

Mathew Sanders

Reaction score
Mathew Sanders said:
I just got 3 Java fern 2 Mondo grass 1 red ludwigia and 1 hornwort 1 Anubis and 2 moss balls and the lights are aqua culture led aquarium hood 10 gallon with a sand subtrate with fourish water fertilizer
I threw away the hornwort cuz it was too messy scrap that lol

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, you don't need CO2 for that light.
The plants in the corners will not survive long. LED lights have the reputation of being "spotty" (wide difference in PAR readings measured right under the light vs corners of the tank).
I'll give Anubias the best chance of surviving followed by moss balls.

dinosaur act

Valued Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong but pretty sure mondo grass isn't aquatic and will end up dieing being fully submerged.

Pretty sure it's a bog plant, half in half out sort of deal.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads