Do I Need Co2 Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Mathew Sanders, Apr 15, 2018.

1. M

Mathew Sanders New Member Member

Hello everyone I really like my setup and don't want my plants to die rn I have led lights and water fertilizer is there anything in here that will die that with just those two things? IMG_20180415_204445.jpg

2. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

Yo. Ehh perhaps some specs? Size of tank, type/brand of light, brand of ferts? Looks good though there my friend! I see maybe Micro Sword (?), Anubias, Java Ferns, really medium-to-big Amazon Swords...? And a few moss balls. Rotala is the big red one on the right side...? Most of those should be fine under low light, even with ferts...not sure about the Rotala though... (if that's in fact, Rotala...)

3. OP
    OP
    M

I just got 3 Java fern 2 Mondo grass 1 red ludwigia and 1 hornwort 1 Anubis and 2 moss balls and the lights are aqua culture led aquarium hood 10g with a sand subtrate with fourish water fertilizer

4. OP
    OP
    M

I threw away the hornwort cuz it was too messy scrap that lol

5. aniroc

aniroc Well Known Member Member

No, you don't need CO2 for that light.
    The plants in the corners will not survive long. LED lights have the reputation of being "spotty" (wide difference in PAR readings measured right under the light vs corners of the tank).
    I'll give Anubias the best chance of surviving followed by moss balls.

6. dinosaur act

dinosaur act Valued Member Member

Could be wrong but pretty sure mondo grass isn't aquatic and will end up dieing being fully submerged.

Pretty sure it's a bog plant, half in half out sort of deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice