Do i need another air filter?

Tez

Well my Boyu tank is designed but my other half wants another submerged air pump in it...what do members think?..as I thought the top flow was enough besides off the filter, then they have the fluval giving off flow rate in their.

SomeoneFISHy

Do you mean an airstone? If so, you can never really have too much flow, unless you are clearly making giant waves in your tank, or you have sensitive fish/corals/inverts in the tank. I have a 15 Gallon Freshwater with a powerhead, and a filter. Fish seem to love it. It helps my youngins grow the muscles needed too.

It might look cool to set up the airstone underneath the plants, so it looks like the plants are waving in the water.

I love the setup! It seems like you have some guppies and some minnows? I'm still working on fish identification. Good luck fellow aquarium artist!

Tez

HI SomeoneFISHy I went and got another air pump but I put the air filter across the statue, all my plants are false but I have noticed the motor gets warm, so i'm going to reconnect the tube back to the main pump inside the tank, so that can be on at night while my new one as an overnight rest and thank you for replying and my decor isn't to every ones choice.

I do have Guppies but not minnows

SomeoneFISHy

Nice! I do like the overall energy of the tank. Very colorful. The new air filter will be great for the fish. It should provide a natural flow of water for the fish.

It looks AWESOME. Good job.

Tez

Nice! I do like the overall energy of the tank. Very colorful. The new air filter will be great for the fish. It should provide a natural flow of water for the fish.

It looks AWESOME. Good job.
Cheers, I brought new decor and shifted it out but the circulation in the tank runs around it full circle and you can feel the pressure.

I'm trying to work with the lighting system now as members have helped regarding that, as it carries a back LED light which is dull and a front one which is bright, so i'm switching on the dull at 9am knocking it off at 1pm and at 2pm it goes back on but with the bright on at the front and will be knocked off at 6pm and that's their 8hrs of light.

I'm just waiting for ammonia of 0.25 to move out.

SomeoneFISHy

Ammonia... I've had "fun" experiences with that. Cheers, have fun!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
Tez
Replies
Views
Saan
Replies