10 Gallon Tank Do I need an air pump / stone for my tank?

breakoff

I have a 10 gallon tank with plants in it, using CO2, and I am using a Top Fin 20 Gallon filter for it (I can adjust the flow rate in case the flow is too high), should I get an air pump and bubbler, or is it not necessary?

RedOnion

I have a 10 gallon tank with plants in it, using CO2, and I am using a Top Fin 20 Gallon filter for it (I can adjust the flow rate in case the flow is too high), should I get an air pump and bubbler, or is it not necessary?
I dont think it is necessary tbh

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Usually not especially necessary, but nice to have. Not sure if CO2 makes it more of a necessity or not.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

I also dont know how c o 2 effects things.

But in general, air stones are mostly decoration. the water flowing out of filter should be breaking the water surface enough/ creating enough current to get as much oxygen into the water, as is physically possible. And when you add new water after cleaning, there is another time were oxgyn is exchanged. An air stone, bubble maker is creating extra bubles, more then can be used...
But, if your tank is overstock, if your tank is not cycled, or loses the cycle, if your fish are sick if you add certain meds,, sometimes you do need more then normal amounts of oxygen. A battery-operated air pump is a good thing to have in case of power outages.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
WrenFeenix
Replies
Views
GatlingGun
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777