Do I Have Too Many Plants/decorations?

Jayda97

Active Member
Member
Messages
219
Reaction score
71
Experience
2 years
HI guys! I added 3 new plants to my tank today and 2 are bigger than I realized. I'm in love with how it looks now....an underwater jungle. The honey gouramis seem to be loving it too. I'm just wondering if I left enough open swim space for the rummy nose tetras. I tried to leave both sides kinda open and they have space across the front but not really through the middle. Right now they’ve calmed down from me disturbing everything and are exploring through all the plants not really schooled at all but I'm just paranoid and wanna make sure everyone is happy lol. The corys I'm sure are fine. Thanks so much!!
 

Attachments

NC122606

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,064
Reaction score
1,828
Location
Ohio, USA
Experience
1 year
Jayda97 said:
HI guys! I added 3 new plants to my tank today and 2 are bigger than I realized. I'm in love with how it looks now....an underwater jungle. The honey gouramis seem to be loving it too. I'm just wondering if I left enough open swim space for the rummy nose tetras. I tried to leave both sides kinda open and they have space across the front but not really through the middle. Right now they’ve calmed down from me disturbing everything and are exploring through all the plants not really schooled at all but I'm just paranoid and wanna make sure everyone is happy lol. The corys I'm sure are fine. Thanks so much!!
I honestly do not see anything wrong with it. The plants are not solid so they can swim in and out of them so it is fine!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
Jayda97

Jayda97

Active Member
Member
Messages
219
Reaction score
71
Experience
2 years
NC122606 said:
I honestly do not see anything wrong with it. The plants are not solid so they can swim in and out of them so it is fine!
yes everyone has been swimming and weaving through the plants I love it. Much more fun to watch them explore than just swim back and forth. I just was under this impression the tetras prefer to swim in open space without plants in the way. I could be totally wrong though!
 

Jaymielea

Active Member
Member
Messages
298
Reaction score
115
Experience
Just started
Jayda97 said:
HI guys! I added 3 new plants to my tank today and 2 are bigger than I realized. I'm in love with how it looks now....an underwater jungle. The honey gouramis seem to be loving it too. I'm just wondering if I left enough open swim space for the rummy nose tetras. I tried to leave both sides kinda open and they have space across the front but not really through the middle. Right now they’ve calmed down from me disturbing everything and are exploring through all the plants not really schooled at all but I'm just paranoid and wanna make sure everyone is happy lol. The corys I'm sure are fine. Thanks so much!!
Can I ask what the tall green ones are named. Love them
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
Jayda97

Jayda97

Active Member
Member
Messages
219
Reaction score
71
Experience
2 years
bwer2 said:
Looks perfect
Don’t worry
thank you so much!
Jaymielea said:
Can I ask what the tall green ones are named. Love them
None of them are real so I'm honestly not too sure what the real version of them is called. Theyre just from a variety 3 pack at petsmart. I threw away the packaging already but the brand was top fin and theyre the large size
 

Jaymielea

Active Member
Member
Messages
298
Reaction score
115
Experience
Just started
Jayda97 said:
thank you so much!

None of them are real so I'm honestly not too sure what the real version of them is called. Theyre just from a variety 3 pack at petsmart. I threw away the packaging already but the brand was top fin and theyre the large size
Lol my bad
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
Jayda97

Jayda97

Active Member
Member
Messages
219
Reaction score
71
Experience
2 years
Jaymielea said:
Lol my bad
haha I wish I had real plants but I don’t have the money to experiment with that just yet. I'm switching to sand when my family finishes building my new stand and I'm not looking forward to redoing everything lol but hopefully it’ll look more natural!

update: I'm no longer worried! All the fish are swimming all around the tank and seem to have more than enough swimming space. Thanks so much for the feedback everyone
 

Jaymielea

Active Member
Member
Messages
298
Reaction score
115
Experience
Just started
The_fishy said:
The tall green ones look similar to hornwort if you are looking for a live plant. That species is incredibly easy to care for and looks great.[/QUOTE
Thank you I will look into them.
 

hanra85

Active Member
Member
Messages
221
Reaction score
149
Location
Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank looks great! Love the stocking choices too.
 

Jeezusjuiicee

Active Member
Member
Messages
222
Reaction score
43
Location
Canada
Experience
1 year
Looks really awesome in there man! The only problem I see is trying to vacuum the gravel in between the plants. It will just take more time. Again it looks really good tho dude! Love it
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13
OP
Jayda97

Jayda97

Active Member
Member
Messages
219
Reaction score
71
Experience
2 years
hanra85 said:
Your tank looks great! Love the stocking choices too.
Jeezusjuiicee said:
Looks really awesome in there man! The only problem I see is trying to vacuum the gravel in between the plants. It will just take more time. Again it looks really good tho dude! Love it
thanks so much both of you! unfortunately it was all for nothing because today I got a 45g on sale from petsmart ****. Now I have the opposite problem and need more plants again lol. It was nice while it lasted though!
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
114
Guests online
1,807
Total visitors
1,921

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom